Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

People wishing to be involved with getting Neuter Class Rolling.

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Bilbo Baggins Junior(VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

I suggest we start making phone calls to clubs to see what we need to do to get them to run a neuter class in there next shows. I'm going to try and contact Lancefield (end of Dec) and see how we can make it work. We need to start NOW becasue schedules need to be in 6 months b4 shows (I think) so we are really looking at Jan 2011 shows to try and change.

I've sent the following email to:

Victorian Womens DC

Sunbury KC

South Eastern KC

"Hi,

Since the 1st of July 2010 there is a new Neuter Champion title avaliable. The Alice Springs KC was the 1st show in Australia to award CC's for neuters in Australia. They received an entry of 11 neuters out of a total show entry of 112. Which proves that it is a class that will be supported.

I'm trying get All breeds clubs to start running a neuter class in their future championship shows (Open Neuter class 18/18a). I'm asking that you trial the class for one show and see how it is supported. I would be willing to sponsor a Neuter Class in Group/Show sash to encourage your club to support it. I know of several other people who would be willing to help sponsor the class in upcoming shows.

I know it will most likely be too late for this years show but I'm hoping for next years.

regards Caroline Sharpe"

Ovens Valley Canine Club, Vic, is offering all neuter classes at their shows in April 2001. As show secretary I am happy to accept any donations of sashes for classes or group. I am donating Best Neuter in Show :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::laugh: Well done capanash.

I have been busy with end of year counting over the last few weeks so this has gone off the radar.

I was talking to Kath Humphries about half an hour ago and she said she only heard about it recently. Kath apart from being enrty sec is also involved with a few clubs.

I might havea chat to you capansh on the weekend.

Great news guys. Just got my numbers back for next weekends show with a little note inserted (in response to my letter about neuter shows) saying "I agree and will try and get the class offered next year"

:rofl:

Maybe since we have a few from each state we should perhaps try and give a few 'shows' to each person to contact?

I have 2 neuter bob certs from the Tennant Creek shows also 2 open neuter in show ribbons. On the Sunday the QLD judge could not believe how many neutered dogs were entered, my answer was maybe if QLD had the 18/18a classes instead of sweepstakes their entries would more than likely increase.

I neuter my dogs when I finish showing so I have 2 neuters. One is actually a Open Nueter at the Darwin Royal.

I live in QLD but love showing in the Territory they seem to be able to get up and go with new things.

NT Clubs your awesome

I have 2 neuter bob certs from the Tennant Creek shows also 2 open neuter in show ribbons. On the Sunday the QLD judge could not believe how many neutered dogs were entered, my answer was maybe if QLD had the 18/18a classes instead of sweepstakes their entries would more than likely increase.

I neuter my dogs when I finish showing so I have 2 neuters. One is actually a Open Nueter at the Darwin Royal.

I live in QLD but love showing in the Territory they seem to be able to get up and go with new things.

NT Clubs your awesome

Well done KOE. :winner::):)

Yay for neuter shows, Nova has been entered in 5 shows so far already :thumbsup:

whereabouts?!!?! I haven't found any that I can enter yet :hug:

They are all a fair hike, the Murray Valley 3 show weekend is offering it all three days, as well as the East Gippsland 3 show weekend on the Saturday and Sunday. :party: Usually I couldn't be bothered travelling so far, but we are taking them as a 'mini holiday' and I have two dogs to show now :welcome:

Murray Valley closed on the 16th, and East gippsland closes today (East Gipp you can enter at Ozentries) If you wanted to do Murray give the sec a call and see if they will still accept entries?

Sorry Tollers but i don't think the east gipp shows actually have a neuter class... I think it is just a neuter sweepstakes

Look down the bottom of the schedule and it says something about prizes for neuter sweepstakes

Should prob give the sec a call 2 make sure

Sorry Tollers but i don't think the east gipp shows actually have a neuter class... I think it is just a neuter sweepstakes

Look down the bottom of the schedule and it says something about prizes for neuter sweepstakes

Should prob give the sec a call 2 make sure

Well that's crap, it's listed as a special class but it's only a sweepstake, I rang the secretary to find out......ohh well we have entered and will be there anyway :welcome::thumbsup:

I think we should all lobby our state associations in regard to Neuter classes to be held in the groups and in general specials and use the Northern Territory as an example. I am writing to CCC of QLd in regard to this matter.

I think we should all lobby our state associations in regard to Neuter classes to be held in the groups and in general specials and use the Northern Territory as an example. I am writing to CCC of QLd in regard to this matter.

I agree KOE. I was talking to Jan Seary about it on Friday. She states that she has had ribbons done and not used in the past. I said I know a few will be used up this year. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D ;)

I might email Elizabeth at DogVic.

Well I just spoke to the secretary of Bairnsdale shows and she states that she knows nothing about neuter champion.

I informed her of Alice Springs and she says thats NT. I informed her that its an ANKC not state rule.

Letter to Elizabeth very soon.

Well I just spoke to the secretary of Bairnsdale shows and she states that she knows nothing about neuter champion.

I informed her of Alice Springs and she says thats NT. I informed her that its an ANKC not state rule.

Letter to Elizabeth very soon.

Did she mention anything about changing it from a sweepstake to actual points being awarded? Bit optimistic I know but still......i only spoke to the secretary of East Gippsland and only asked if points were awarded for the class, she probably thinks I am a nufty for asking that but if she didn't know about the new title?