Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sas, The DogsNSW PR Committee Christmas Show will be having Neuter Classes; and I think you will find that Hills, Ladies KC and Ku-Ring-Gai at Castle Hill late November early December will also be offering them.

Toy & General next Feb will be having them.

I just checked the August Gazette, there are 3 shows at Hillsborough 14, 15 & 16 October which have them. - the ad is on page 42.

Hope this helps!

For what it is worth, some clubs are trying out the Neuter classes to see what sort of entry they get, so even if you are not able to go, a complimentary entry would help ensure the classes continue.

That's good. I don't think I will be able to do all three at Hillsborough, unless I stay Fri and Sat nights, but I may do a token entry anyway for them all. Will definately be doing Hills, Ladies, Ku-Ring-Gai and the Xmas show though!

Hi all,

New here, and new to the ring.

I intend to show my girl in the Neuter class. Being from Melbourne I guess my first will be Mt. Gambier 22-23-24 October.

Bit of a drive, but the closest I can find.

Canberra on 20-21 Nov is the next closest. :thumbsup:

People wishing to be involved with getting Neuter Class Rolling.

Bilbo Baggins (VIC)

Bilbo Baggins Junior(VIC)

Aziah (NSW)

Capanash (VIC

GoldenWei (NSW)

Jilldog (NSW)

LoTTy (TAS)

leopuppy04 (VIC)

Tollersowned (VIC)

Keesit (VIC)

I suggest we start making phone calls to clubs to see what we need to do to get them to run a neuter class in there next shows. I'm going to try and contact Lancefield (end of Dec) and see how we can make it work. We need to start NOW becasue schedules need to be in 6 months b4 shows (I think) so we are really looking at Jan 2011 shows to try and change.

I have been watching this thread with interest, then spotted the below post on OzShow today. I thought you would all be very interested, so I emailed Tom and he gave me permission to cross post his message here (given he's not on DOL). He feels this will need a lot of support to have any hope of going through .........

Friends, especially fans of the Neuter Champion Title.

I was finally successful with a Motion to the Dogs NSW Board of Directors to

have a Motion put to the ANKC Conference in October asking that Neuter

Classes 18 and 18A be made compulsory at all Championship Shows held from 1

April 2011.

The number of submissions I have received from exhibitors or potential

exhibitors wanting more Neuter Classes has been amazing.

In ordinary conformation, Class 11 (Open) is compulsory at all Championship

Shows so that there is at least one class available where exhibitors can

have Championship points available to their breed (unless CC's are not to be

awarded for some reason - eg National Show within 1000kms).

Similarly with the introduction of the Neuter Champion title it appears

logical to me that exhibitors of Neuters must be afforded the same

compulsory opportunity to secure the necessary points to achieve their dog's

neuter title.

Judging by the opposition I originally received to the concept by the NSW

Board, I am not expecting the Motion to receive an easy passage when

presented to the ANKC.

Therefore enthusiasts for the exhibition of Neuter dogs are strongly

encouraged to lobby their Member Body leading up to the last Meeting of its

Board or Council (by whatever name known) prior to the 14/15/16 October ANKC

Conference. I suggest you try doubly hard if you live in Queensland!!

I am confident we will be ok in NSW given that we almost always vote in

favour of our own Motions!!!(LOL). So that's 2 Votes for the Motion and we

are up and running.

Tom

I know of another Kees that might be interested too when the class gets going....unfortunate that it seems to be off to a slow start.

I sent an email to Breed club re their Champ Show, actually thinking of you Keesit. But no response to my email....

Edited by nynka

Sas, The DogsNSW PR Committee Christmas Show will be having Neuter Classes; and I think you will find that Hills, Ladies KC and Ku-Ring-Gai at Castle Hill late November early December will also be offering them.

Toy & General next Feb will be having them.

I just checked the August Gazette, there are 3 shows at Hillsborough 14, 15 & 16 October which have them. - the ad is on page 42.

Hope this helps!

For what it is worth, some clubs are trying out the Neuter classes to see what sort of entry they get, so even if you are not able to go, a complimentary entry would help ensure the classes continue.

I'm hanging out for Neuter classes in Sydney, nothing still advertised even in the August Gazette.

From what I was told from a few Secs was that because they have to put their show schedules in 5 months in advance it will most likely be July + 5 months before they are available and even then some don't want to spend the extra dollars to have it.

Great to hear about the Syd shows!

Na, I'm not looking at traveling to Newcastle for a Neuter class, he already has his Aust Ch. - it's reasonable to expect that Sydney should have enough shows with Neuter classes!

I know of another Kees that might be interested too when the class gets going....unfortunate that it seems to be off to a slow start.

I sent an email to Breed club re their Champ Show, actually thinking of you Keesit. But no response to my email....

I left a phone message as well, and still no reply.

Talking to the Keez people, they informed me that there is spose to be a sweep for them, but I cant confirm

Its just about closing for an entry I guess, I havnt got all the info :)

Robertson is considering trying out Neuter classes at their next show, so if they do, PLEASE support them so they continue to hold them.

It will pick up pace as more people enter.

I do not have a neuter to show at the moment, but I am trying to encourage all the clubs I work with to embrace the class.

If the Open Neuter class becomes compulsory as per Toms motion, all the better I think. We will finally be on some sort of par with the cat world.

I do not have a neuter to show at the moment, but I am trying to encourage all the clubs I work with to embrace the class.

I am still looking for an entire puppy so down here its a lot of miles for me to do a show

I left a phone message as well, and still no reply.

Talking to the Keez people, they informed me that there is spose to be a sweep for them, but I cant confirm

Its just about closing for an entry I guess, I havnt got all the info :laugh:

I'll send you a PM :laugh:

Walcha Kennel Club (a new club holding it's first triple in December) are offering classes 18 & 18a :laugh:

Woohooo! Though Walcha is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away :laugh: Might be worth it for a triple though!

Come on :laugh: I love a good triple country show!

www.walchakennelclub.com for schedule terra :eek:

Ooh great! Thank you!

Walcha Kennel Club (a new club holding it's first triple in December) are offering classes 18 & 18a ;)

Woohooo! Though Walcha is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away :rofl: Might be worth it for a triple though!

Come on :D I love a good triple country show!

Yeah and Woof was wanting to do a few country shows!

If you go, I'll go! :(

www.walchakennelclub.com for schedule terra :eek:

Ooh great! Thank you!

Walcha Kennel Club (a new club holding it's first triple in December) are offering classes 18 & 18a ;)

Woohooo! Though Walcha is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away :rofl: Might be worth it for a triple though!

Come on :D I love a good triple country show!

Yeah and Woof was wanting to do a few country shows!

If you go, I'll go! :(

Hmmm And I was just considering a placement at Tamworth........ I wonder if I could tie it all in!! It could ba a post Exam treat! Now I just need to get my hands on a neuter to show as well lol!