Crate Cover

Rottsup

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a pattern to sewing crate covers. I have made one but it is not very good so thought if I could get a pattern I could make a better one. Obviously I am not a sewer so a pattern is a must for me :love:

Thanks

Edited by Rottsup

Yip thats exactly what I thought & did, but my sewing skills are not that great and the corners came out a little scew wiff (weird). I would like to have zips on all four corners and window roll ups for airflow on a warm day etc. I am happy to give it another go myself but with more effort . I just thought there may be a pattern out there somewhere which usually has the actual sewing instruction (not the measurements).

Thanks anyway.

Mum made my last one from the measurements and how I told her I wanted it done - she is very clever!

Not sure I have ever seen a pattern as such?? Oh and it will be easier to sew if you use velcro, and probably cheaper than using four zips if you want both ends to open.

Buy a cheap set of single sheets in favourite fabric and throw over - if you get the set you can use the fitted one as well - more easily washed

Alternatively I bought an awesome waterproof one from ebay for $30 - great fit

Never seen a pattern but one probably exists :love:

If your reasonably practical try getting a cheap piece of material (old sheet or something) cut it out and use pins to create what you want, then make a pattern from this. That said, I bought a waterproof one with 1 opening end, 1 opening side and a window, velcro all around, on special for $25 (usually $35) for a 90 something cm crate so is making one really worth it?

Hi,

Thanks heaps for all the ideas... Just had a look on EBay and you're right, there are some great covers there ranging from $20 (real basic) to $70 to fit my two 106cm & 120cm crates.

I made all my dogs wet coats out of chamois for the hot days of summer while at the shows, and fleece coats for winter just using a friends one which I copied and now everyone wants me to make them one. But just couldn't get the simple crate cover corners happening. Never mind I will buy them.

Thanks again everyone, you have been helpful.