Dog Beds

glenncol

Hey all

I have a question regarding dog beds.

We have our pup create trained so he sleeps in his create no issues, we have a nice soft RSPCA dog bed for him in the lounge area and 2 of the same in a play pen that he goes into when we are not going ot be in the room with him.

The issue is they he will lay down ont he dog beds for about 10 minutes the mnove to the tiled floor and sleep on that, or if his towel i laying around he will move to the towel on the tiled floor.

what the go here, i would have thought he woulf prefer to be compfy on these cold nights but he sleeps on the tiles

Could they beds be too compfy? any experience this at all?

If your dog is very furry then they get hot quicker.. so they will prefer cold surfaces. If they are cold, they will move to somewhere warmer.

My Jap Spitz likes stretching out on the floorboards because she gets hot easily

4705267895_ca585c7dd6.jpg

notice the crate, the shaggy rug, the pink rug.. also not in the pic she was a mink blanket by the window, a dog bed for her and the couch. She prefers the floorboards.

If your dog is very furry then they get hot quicker.. so they will prefer cold surfaces. If they are cold, they will move to somewhere warmer.

My Jap Spitz likes stretching out on the floorboards because she gets hot easily

4705267895_ca585c7dd6.jpg

notice the crate, the shaggy rug, the pink rug.. also not in the pic she was a mink blanket by the window, a dog bed for her and the couch. She prefers the floorboards.

LOL that looks what ours does, I assumed he was getting hot but thought no way with how cold its been lately, but its looks like thats it

Cheers for that, damn i have not had a dog since i was a kid so this ia a learning curve for us

It's freezing in Sydney.. but my girl loves it. She is going to die of happiness when I take her to the snows!!

aww... you must post pic of your puppy!!

good luck with your pup.. enjoy their puppyhood!! It goes by so fast :o

get Or make a beanbag pellet bed ,they r cool in summer & warm in inter & mould to the dogs body ,mine all love thiers & make no attempt to distruct them asthey do with foam ones. :o

Hi cool idea

Where can i get them from? do you have any pics?

Thanks

It's freezing in Sydney.. but my girl loves it. She is going to die of happiness when I take her to the snows!!

Hi

Here is one the day after we picked him up about three weeks ago, lol he has grown heaps since

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4782/img00241q.jpg

Hi

Here is one the day after we picked him up about three weeks ago, lol he has grown heaps since

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4782/img00241q.jpg

awww.. how cute!!

Its got to be something with being too hot. We have dog beds which they both sleep in at night. When we are in the lounge room watching TV, Stella will curl up on our lap or snuggle right next to us. We can tell when she gets too hot because she gets off and goes to lie on the bathroom tiles. Once she has cooled down, she comes back.

Its got to be something with being too hot. We have dog beds which they both sleep in at night. When we are in the lounge room watching TV, Stella will curl up on our lap or snuggle right next to us. We can tell when she gets too hot because she gets off and goes to lie on the bathroom tiles. Once she has cooled down, she comes back.

Sounds the same as us, i told the wife about asking this question and i got the eye roll and head shake, she thinks i am going to spoil this little guy rotten. I want ot make sure the little is compfy that all

get Or make a beanbag pellet bed ,they r cool in summer & warm in inter & mould to the dogs body ,mine all love thiers & make no attempt to distruct them asthey do with foam ones. :o

I second this. Both Cooper, our friend's Cocker Spaniel x Poodle, and Akira, our Siberian Husky, love the beanbag and will sit in it even when it's warm.

And you probably don't even need to get one specially made for dogs. Ours is just a normal heavy duty beanbag.

My J spitz boy has a mattress that you can fill up with water (but make sure you buy or make a mattress protector). He loves the tiles and wooden floors but I worry about his joints. There is a cheaper version of it on DealsDirect, it's sponge on one side and the other side you fill up with water, but my boy digs at his bed too much because of the 'waves', so I sealed up the sponge side (comes with a tiny hole...) and made cuts through the water side so the water can be absorbed by the sponge.

Hi cool idea

Where can i get them from? do you have any pics?

Thanks

Hi have sent u pm

get Or make a beanbag pellet bed ,they r cool in summer & warm in inter & mould to the dogs body ,mine all love thiers & make no attempt to distruct them asthey do with foam ones. :party:

I have just looked at these on http://www.chillizone.com.au/index.php?act...mp;productId=27 and they look great but I wonder how tough they are as both my dpgs are bed destroyers.

I would be really scared of them tearing the covers open and inhaling the beans .

has anyones dogs destroyed a bean bag.????