Turkey Necks

Woolworth's soled them in Queensland but do not in Tasmania.

Maybe try the pet food butchers.

Thanks oakway. I've bought turkey wings and drumsticks in Woolworths but haven't seen necks. I guess the necks that belonged to the wings and drumsticks must have gone somewhere!!! I'll see if I can find a pet food butcher.

Thanks oakway. I've bought turkey wings and drumsticks in Woolworths but haven't seen necks. I guess the necks that belonged to the wings and drumsticks must have gone somewhere!!! I'll see if I can find a pet food butcher.

Nope they are not - they go over the other side of cold cabinet to the pet food section with Brisket bones, chicken necks and dog rolls! :laugh:

Nope they are not - they go over the other side of cold cabinet to the pet food section with Brisket bones, chicken necks and dog rolls! :laugh:

Thanks First Time Puppy. I'll do some detective work in the whole meat/pet food section next time I go there to see if I can find where they are hiding!

Just been to Woolworths. Got turkey wings and they had other parts but no necks! Searched the whole meat and pet meat section - no luck.

I have also searched coles and safeway/woolworths Melbourne and not found any either

There is a chicken shop in Centro Oakleigh that sells them. I can't think of the shop's name, but it's at the opposite end to Woolworths.

Thanks for that. I'm about an hour's drive away (past Pakenham) but will try them when I'm up that way again.

I see them in our local meat section occasionally.

I think they must wait until they have enough before they package them up for sale because there only ever on shelves every other week or so.

I just buy as many as I can when they're on sale, and freeze.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in woolworths today and bought some turkey necks and asked the meat manager when did they start selling these and he mentioned that he had just been transfered over from one of their Melbourne stores where they stocked them all the time so I would suggest going in to your local store and ask them to order some in I now have a standing order of 8 bags per week you get 3 necks per bag for $7 and the necks are huge.The manager is also trying to get the turkey frames in for me as well as one would definately feed one of my dogs

I have also searched coles and safeway/woolworths Melbourne and not found any either

There is a chicken shop in Centro Oakleigh that sells them. I can't think of the shop's name, but it's at the opposite end to Woolworths.

It's called Crystal Poultry. They also sometimes have turkey frames. The turkey necks are very popular for soup. They get delivery on a Wednesday and are usually completely sold out by Saturday morning - so I usually miss out.

i'm in nsw and my local woolies has just started packaging chicken necks [as opposed to being available in the deli section] and they're available from their cold pet food section...

... and in the larger woolies store, they have turkey nex, wings and frames too!!!

i was a tad gobsmacked but apparently [as i was told] someone said to their butcher section to get jiggy with the raw stuff for dogs and suddenly there it was! curiously, a month or so ago, i had something to say to someone in their butcher section about raw stuff for dogs!!! *yaymemaybe*

pretty cheap across the board also...

anyhoo, turkey nex are scary --- they look like penises [of the well-endowed kind] and yeah, taking to 'em with a cleaver is like a whole 'nuther experience *blink,blinkblink*

just saying!

so yeah, check out the cold pet food section of your local woolies :laugh: