Saved Dog :0) !

Photobull

I haven't been on in ages and ages.. however I just wanted to post this and share with everyone :laugh:

This morning I got up to my boy bron barking.. I was wondering why he was barking and went out to check it out. as I got outside.. I noticed what he was barking at..

The house that is diagnal to us.. dog was jumping the six foot fence( well trying too..lol) I couldnt belive my eyes at how high this dog was jumping( over 6 foot fences).. I stood for afew mintues watching him/her!! then I noticed that he had a rope around his neck and was tied to something!! then low and behold he got over the fence an was hanging over the otherside chocking, as I could tell as the fence was shaking and I could hear him !! I quickly ran inside and got the old husband up.. who ran as fast as he could around the block to get to the house... lucky the place were he was hanging had it gate open and the other half could go in and try and help..

by the time that he got around there I thought that the outcome would be horrible!!

lucky that he got there in the nick of time as he said that any longer and the poor thing would have been dead :laugh:

I just wanted to say I am so proud of the other half :laugh::laugh:

nope noone home, the owners are on holidays so I have been told.. so who knows who is looking after it

your welcome to come and talk to the owners yourself persephone..lol not my job to tell people what they should do with there dog.. been burned before for offering advice so I dont do it anymore! :laugh:

nope noone home, the owners are on holidays so I have been told.. so who knows who is looking after it

your welcome to come and talk to the owners yourself persephone..lol not my job to tell people what they should do with there dog.. been burned before for offering advice so I dont do it anymore! :laugh:

But if you don't mention it then the dog will surely end up choking to death on the end of the rope! perhaps just a note put under the door to let them know what happened and in the meantime whilst they are away is there any chance of shortening the rope so as it can't reach the fence?

I just think this is a disaster waiting to happen :laugh:

Good on you both for your efforts this morning :laugh:

Wonderful save(great team effort from your dog, yourself and your OH) but you must follow it through by making someone aware that it can and did happen, so they have the opportnuity to stop it happening when your not there to rescue.

What the other said! Please don't take out your past bad experiences on this dog. I bet you would feel a whole lot worse if the dog did jump it again and die and you hadn't said anything than if someone told you to mind your own business.

But good on you for helping.

I haven't been on in ages and ages.. however I just wanted to post this and share with everyone :mad

This morning I got up to my boy bron barking.. I was wondering why he was barking and went out to check it out. as I got outside.. I noticed what he was barking at..

The house that is diagnal to us.. dog was jumping the six foot fence( well trying too..lol) I couldnt belive my eyes at how high this dog was jumping( over 6 foot fences).. I stood for afew mintues watching him/her!! then I noticed that he had a rope around his neck and was tied to something!! then low and behold he got over the fence an was hanging over the otherside chocking, as I could tell as the fence was shaking and I could hear him !! I quickly ran inside and got the old husband up.. who ran as fast as he could around the block to get to the house... lucky the place were he was hanging had it gate open and the other half could go in and try and help..

by the time that he got around there I thought that the outcome would be horrible!!

lucky that he got there in the nick of time as he said that any longer and the poor thing would have been dead :mad

I just wanted to say I am so proud of the other half :mad:rofl:

Well done :cry::(:)

That happened to a friend of ours dog, they had gone away for a long wknd & friends were going over to there house to feed the dogs etc.

They had him tied up to stop him from escaping & as he was a great escape artist, there friends showed up there the next day & he was hanging on there side of the fence.

Very unfortunate but does happen often. You don't have to speak to them even write a letter & place in the letter box just to make them aware what happened. Never know these people mite actually appreciate it :o:o:mad

Just shorten the rope by about 1/2 metre and that should stop the dog getting close enough to the fence to jump it .... thus preventing a possible disaster for the poor dog.

Just shorten the rope by about 1/2 metre and that should stop the dog getting close enough to the fence to jump it .... thus preventing a possible disaster for the poor dog.

Really, and keep a dog tied up when you aren't too sure how often it is being checked / fed / watered?

Another example of human stupidity :laugh::o

They had him tied up to stop him from escaping & as he was a great escape artist, there friends showed up there the next day & he was hanging on there side of the fence.

I bet they wish they had given the dog to someone to look after or put it in a doggy hotel for the weekend. We've adjusted holiday plans so that the dogs can be housed somewhere that they are safe rather than just leaving them at home!

Really, and keep a dog tied up when you aren't too sure how often it is being checked / fed / watered?

Another example of human stupidity :):eek:

What would you suggest then - let the dog off the rope so he can jump the fence and get hit by a car instead!!!!

No one said the dog was being left unwatered or unfed - they just said the owners were away. There could be someone coming in to feed, water and walk the dog.

Good job OP

My friend got a call from her neighbour one day while she was at work and her dog had jumped the fence and hung himself (rope long enough to get over fence but not long enough for him to touch the ground) and unfortunately, the neighbour had also called the council and they removed and disposed of her dogs body before she even got home.

She was very upset.

I used to have a dog who was a great escape artist, 6ft plus fences were not a problem for him to leap without even touching the top (and he was only knee high which made it quite frustrating) and in the end our solution was to chain him also. However, we very carefully measured out his chain to allow as much length as possible, but also to ensure that he could not get caught in anything on the property and could not leap fences.