Dr Chris Brown Publicised Buying A Pup From Petshop

tivins

Some of the things he does are just unbelievably stupid.

He is an embarassment to the veterinary profession.

He should know better than to give a puppy to someone without them agreeing beforehand. Especially a Malamute! From a petshop!

She looked like she had no idea what do with the poor puppy.

And what was this business about a trial- you can't just take a puppy on trial, it is a lifetime comittment. What if she doesn't like it after the trial period (and she was already getting over it pretty quickly in that short time!)? The pup will be bigger and may have developed bad habits making it much harder to rehome.

It is a shame he is such a douche because some of the other vets on the show are great and do very good work.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this morning on Brisbanes popular b105 radio station one the presenters brought a puppy from a pet shop and was advertising the pet shop :laugh: and how cute she was BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

*sigh* im speechless... :D :laugh::eek:

Most people have said everything that can be said explaining why it was such a mistake. I would like to see some sort of petition with the points mentioned in the posts which people can add their name to. That way chan 10 and chris can read the one explanation and see how many people they have disappointed and disgusted.

I listen to your show everyday and love it. However this mornings segment "Your new addition to the family" has me concerned. I understand how getting a puppy is such a happy time for families. However, I wish you would have done some research where pet shop puppies come from.

This is a hard realization that some people do not know. As I am dog lover for some years and have a notable amount of knowledge when it comes to dogs I know about the horrible trade of puppy farmers and back yard breeders. This website shows the graphic content of where pet shop puppies come from http://www.wheredopuppiescomefrom.com.au/p...-get-the-facts/

I would really appreciate if you could take the time to have a quick read. And next time think of the pound puppies that also need a home. Numbers of dogs are put down everyday whom didn't need to be because some one brought a puppy from a pet shop/backyard breeder and it "grew bigger then expected" or 'it has too many health issues" or my personal favorite "We've decided that we want a puppy again" and dump their older dog at the pound.

I am writing the above to the radio station. If anyone would like to add something? Im all out :laugh:

ETA: Not to worry email has been sent :laugh: hopefully I get a reply....

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

From the moderator on the thread:

"This thread is now locked as it has nothing to do with the show Bondi Vet and can only degenerate into further issues as those outlined above.

This was a segment on The Circle. I am sure there is a thread on this topic on their forums."

Way to pass the buck guys :D

From the moderator on the thread:

"This thread is now locked as it has nothing to do with the show Bondi Vet and can only degenerate into further issues as those outlined above.

This was a segment on The Circle. I am sure there is a thread on this topic on their forums."

Way to pass the buck guys :D

Nothing to do with Bondi Vet....

Right...

So who's the main guy on Bondi Vet? Snort..

I'm really disapointed to hear this.I remember reading an article about the work he does with his family with Aboriginal communities and thought well of him despite the fact I can't watch Bondi Vet cause it just screams corny drama.

I understand the guy needs to make a living from promotion but being a vet theres no way you couldn't know where the dogs come from in most pet stores.Theres always a line in the sand with ethicial issues such as this and as a Vet and someone who obviously has an image of a protector of animals, he has basically given the thumbs up to puppy farms.

Some vets are caring, some vets love animals and would never promote pet shops and BYB's but unfortunately Doc Hollywood Brown is not one of them. :):love:

One wonders what the real motive is behind Hollywood Brown's support of a pet shop, most likely money and of course the people who buy pups from this pet shop chain because where do they go when pups get sick and they will you guessed it Doc Hollywood. :rofl::rofl: Does CH 10 really give a stuff what people think, me thinks not. :):cry:

Is not at all surprising. I have met Dr Harry and Dr Katrina and was not impressed with either of them! They are getting paid to sell products to ignorant people that don't know any better. If all pet owners did just a little research themselves in to pets and pet products and stopped listening to these morons that would say anything if they get paid enough there would be less problems all round.