" Nah mate they are a very expensive Dachshunds"

"Oh he replied"

They look like mongrels!

Yep, I thought and people like you I want to keep thinking that way! lol

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a super cool mongrel terrier :laugh: He's had a couple of owners but he's all mine now :)

I also have my purebred border collie, she's pretty good too :laugh:

Mongrel, mutt, mix breed, pedigree, purebred, border-collie-bitch-from-hell, I don't care how people refer to my dogs.

i refer to both my dogs as 'mutts' especially when they trek muddy paws in on my newly mopped floor.

i dont care where any dog comes from, to their owner they are diamond of their eye :thumbsup:

so true Sally my diamond is my aging Crested

Whenever someone says to me so what type of dog is that mongrel referring to my beautiful old girl Lady I keep a straight face and reply ever so sincerely 'Excuse me but she isn't a mongrel in fact she's a new breed called a 'Bolshoi Terrier' they are very rare you know. :rofl: Is so very hard to keep straight face but you can see them thinking is she yanking my chain or is she for real, even if they ask if I'm joking I say 'No' figure if they want to be rude then they can cop some crap back, yes all my dogs I've ever owned have been the good old hi bred vigor mongrels but I wouldn't of traded any of em for a million bucks or for any other dog if it was offered to me.

Mongrel indeed! I think she's just beautiful.post-31607-1278502345_thumb.jpg

My rant comes after one too many encounters of this attitude. Generally I can blow it off. Perhaps it is just the month for it. Or wrong month for something! :rofl:

I just wondered if it was something that happened to other people and with any regularity.

:rofl: I repeatedly experience people assuming I have a something oodle because my dogs got a curly coat but doesn't look like a poodle (and he is a purebred lagotto).

My buddy has a purebred standard poodle she rescued from pound and she gets asked the same question (prob because she has the shaggy look)...? what kind of oodle is that?

There is a choc labradoodle who comes to the same beach that looks like it could be my dogs sibling, they are so close in looks - all due to the clip they are wearing at the time.