Thaks To Everyone

Jed

Jed, I still have in my mind, the pic of your cavs being popped into the rspca van. Straight after an awful, horrible event.

Those little cavs just shone with beauty & lovely, lovely social natures. All your work, missy! The best...& you've always generously shared how to do it.

So glad you're back & on the mend.

Mita, the cav kids thought all those flashing lights were just for them, and all those people with hoses and sirens and dog carriers had come solely to see them. And to take them for a ride in the car.

If you are a cav, you believe every happening is solely for your enjoyment or benefit. Particularly if you are a well loved cav.

The cavs are settled with their new fosterers - I hear about this one grabbing a shoe and jumping onto a couch and missing - and that one looking up, and saying "soooo, make me!!", and the oldies giggling and wagging, and I know all is well with them.

The baby boxer is frightened of overalls and strangers, but we are working on that.

I am still living with friends, growing stronger, but not yet well enough to live alone.

I think it is going to snow. I never believed I'd wear 3 layers of clothing on 21 Dec in Australia!! My friend (who lives here) says summer will come in February - for 3 days, and to be sure not to miss it!

Have had some big milestones .... can now stand on my left leg (but not my right) when dressing without falling over. If I tilt my head back and shut my eyes, I don't fall over. I can go up and down stairs one foot on each step, instead of 2, but I still need to hold onto the rail. I could never have believed those things would have been important milestones in my life!!

I am driving :wave: - the other drivers need to be very careful! :eek: So far so good.

The house hasn't been started yet - too wet. The builder wants me to do a no-rain dance!

dogmad

Great to hear you are on the mend, I look forward to seeing more of you online in the next little while!

I rehomed my cranky little old foster chihuahua by the way!!!

Do you want mine? You know you do!!

Rather than being fostered, the indominatable Chi Chi is living with my daughter - and her 2 big black dogs. We discussed whether Chi should have a ticket on the bus to the bridge - daughter said her walking wasn't up to much, but her eating was fantastic, and overall, she thought she was happy. Then Chi attached herself (by the teeth) to the face of one of the big black dogs at teatime. Oops, I forgot to mention she was food aggressive ......... and daughter promptly decided anything that fiesty wasn't going to any bridge any time soon while she was in charge!!

Kitty the burned cat is all healed and most of her hair has grown back. Also with my daughter.

My hair has grown, and I needed a haircut - I dyed it to celebrate that important milestone. When your head is shaved, apparently you grow a mohawk. I can go out in public without people staring and pointing. You may have seen me at a show, and not even known!! How good is that? ;)

Edited by Jed

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hair has grown, and I needed a haircut - I dyed it to celebrate. When your head is shaved, apparently you grow a mohawk. I can go out in public without people staring and pointing. You may have seen me at a show, and not even known!! How good is that? :D

I hope you passed around the hat, the one you no longer need to wear - LOL.

OMG, Jed. Your progress stories are harrowing enough to read ;), must be very difficult to live it. But your spirit is indomitable.

There are people on this forum who need to be cloned :wave::eek: . The world needs more of you.

It's so great to read of your improvement Jed. One step at a time, literally! But it sounds like all steps forward.

Glad to hear also that little Chi Chi is fighting on strong, and your kitty is growing back fur.

I'm becoming a bit of a bore with people about smoke detectors, torches, powerboards and so on - but after your experience (and J and MM), how can we help but be more aware and careful?

Jed, I still have in my mind, the pic of your cavs being popped into the rspca van. Straight after an awful, horrible event.

Those little cavs just shone with beauty & lovely, lovely social natures.

Mita, the cav kids thought all those flashing lights were just for them, and all those people with hoses and sirens and dog carriers had come solely to see them. And to take them for a ride in the car.

If you are a cav, you believe every happening is solely for your enjoyment or benefit. Particularly if you are a well loved cav.

My hair has grown, and I needed a haircut - I dyed it to celebrate that important milestone.

Well bred, too! We had visitors, who aren't even dog people, who saw that bit on TV. Their reaction was, 'Gee, she must be a good one!' (Breeder, that is). There you were, fighting for your life, while your cavs are winning you more fans.

Best news is that the hair's BACK!!!! :eek: The dye is even better. :wave:

I'm laughing at Chi Chi hanging off a big dog's face. You realise that some of us were real pains for the foster-carers. We kept begging for more pics of her. Loved her wearing an outsize coat snuggled up, all comfy, at chilly Kingaroy.

Jed it is so good to hread your progress, what is that saying you cant keep a good woman down. Well my dear you are not only standing but driving and balancing on one leg, so very pleased that you are doing so well.

I just saw this thread now, just a bit late I know.

The first thing I thought of also (apart from how awful for you) when I saw the news footage was how excited your Cavvies were to be getting all that attention from these people and how happy they were which is amazing considering what they had just been through, it says a lot about those little guys.

Glad you are improving and hope life continues to get back to normal even quicker

Thanks for the update Jed. HAve a great CHristmas, I will be thinking of you and your little ones here and waiting at the bridge. Great to hear you are driving and needed a hair cut :thumbsup:

Heres to moving into your new house early in 2011 (I know they haven't started but thinking positive!) and all your babies will be back with you running the house again - well Chi Chi will be anyway!

Jed, I'm still thinking of you and every time I hear of a housefire, you're the first person who springs to mind.

Yes indeed. Too often we hear/read in the media of someone who has been injured in a fire or an accident and then that's it. We rarely hear about the long road back to health, the pain and suffering of that person and those around her or him and the support of family and community.

Jed and others like her has suffered more pain and suffering this year, both physical and emotional, that most of others will ever experience.

I often wish I had recourse to Harmonie's magic wand of the "virtual waiting room" established when Jed was still in hospital.

Yes,MM, it is the long road back which is the rub. Empty your inbox mm.!!

Someone earlier in this thread asked how to avoid fires ... I thought I was pretty savvy. Lots of escape routes, fire alarm, extinguisher ---- the problem was it took too long to take the dogs out. If I had left them I wouldn"t have been injured. If I had left all the pups in the dining room, I would probably be ok. My choice, my burns, I guess :laugh: House was not timber, it was cavity brick, but the plaster ceilings and the internal walls which were not cavity brick burned, and the insulation burned like mad .

Important things are to build or buy a house with plenty of exits (my house had 4). If my house had had 2 exits, I would have perished.

The house where I am staying now has an exit from every room - friends built it themselves with fire in mind. But even that wouldn't have made a difference. Have torches always in the same place. Know where your mobile is and keep it charged.

What would have made a difference? For all the dogs to have been outside. If they had to be inside, they should have all been in one room with direct access to outdoors, which probably means sleeping in the laundry, not the bedroom. Then I could have opened the outside door, and taken them all out together.

That's not an option for me, but what are the odds of the house burning down again?

Edited by Jed