Looking For A Small Dog To Star In A Fantastic Short Film (sydney)&#33

jiao

Hi everyone,

I am producing a 15 minute short film shooting towards the end of August and I am looking for a well trained/behaved small dog (preferably a chihuahua) to play the titular character! Here are some more details:

colinthedogconcept.jpg

TITLE: Colin The Dog's Fabulous Midnight Adventure and Another Story

GENRE: Short drama

DURATION: 15 minutes

SHOOT DATES: August 19th - 23rd (5 day shoot)

Synopsis:

Middle-aged Giles wakes in the night, and realises his wife’s dog Colin has taken off. Half asleep, he reluctantly heads off into the wintery evening to find the cheeky mutt. As Giles wanders the streets, the search for the missing dog becomes a search for himself, as flashes of memories from his failing marriage come home to roost.

Colin the Dog’s Fabulous Midnight Adventure… and Another Story is a poignant dramedy about lost dreams, the petty foibles of married life and the painful acceptance of things that don’t turn out as planned.

Your dog would be acting alongside Bob Baines (Home & Away, All Saints) & Diane Smith (A Country Practice, The Great Outdoors). The script is fantastic and we believe the film would be well received on the international film festival circuit.

If you have a little dog who you think would be perfect for this and if you think this would be fun to be involved in (and I promise you it will be fun!) please do let me know! Unfortunately being a short film, I cannot offer any significant payment - just a small token fee of gratitude. The dog would be required for approximately 4 partial days of filming. We will be shooting around inner Sydney and east Sydney.

We will have a professional stills photographer on set and we'll make sure we get some great shots of your dog in its big starring moment!

Email me at: [email protected] or call me on 0411 467 908

Best regards,

Jiao Chen

Edited by jiao

I thought you were looking for a Malamute? Or are there two movies in the making?

:)

In the original short story the film is based on, Colin is a chihuahua so we're aiming for that. But also happy to settle for another cute/interesting looking small dog as long as it's well trained!

Edited by jiao

Hi everyone,

I am producing a 15 minute short film shooting towards the end of August and I am looking for a well trained/behaved small dog (preferably a chihuahua) to play the titular character! Here are some more details:

colinthedogconcept.jpg

TITLE: Colin The Dog's Fabulous Midnight Adventure and Another Story

GENRE: Short drama

DURATION: 15 minutes

SHOOT DATES: August 19th - 23rd (5 day shoot)

Synopsis:

Middle-aged Giles wakes in the night, and realises his wife’s dog Colin has taken off. Half asleep, he reluctantly heads off into the wintery evening to find the cheeky mutt. As Giles wanders the streets, the search for the missing dog becomes a search for himself, as flashes of memories from his failing marriage come home to roost.

Colin the Dog’s Fabulous Midnight Adventure… and Another Story is a poignant dramedy about lost dreams, the petty foibles of married life and the painful acceptance of things that don’t turn out as planned.

Your dog would be acting alongside Bob Baines (Home & Away, All Saints) & Diane Smith (A Country Practice, The Great Outdoors). The script is fantastic and we believe the film would be well received on the international film festival circuit.

If you have a little dog who you think would be perfect for this and if you think this would be fun to be involved in (and I promise you it will be fun!) please do let me know! Unfortunately being a short film, I cannot offer any significant payment - just a small token fee of gratitude. The dog would be required for approximately 4 partial days of filming. We will be shooting around inner Sydney and east Sydney.

We will have a professional stills photographer on set and we'll make sure we get some great shots of your dog in its big starring moment!

Email me at: [email protected] or call me on 0411 467 908

Best regards,

Jiao Chen

I have emailed privately

J

Awwww I wish my girl was well trained LOL

I have a gorgeous wee mutt (foxy/shih tzu - tiny short legs and scruffy black and white fur) would I think look slike she was made for TV mischeif. But she is a naughty girl LOL. I would have supplied my girl for free too - just being able to say she was in a short film would be cool enough LOL

Good luck in finding a dog.

If you like the look of George inmy signiture send me a PM - I can travel and handle him and hes extremley well behaved and smart PLUS he was a rescue dog and would happily state that. Í could do with taking a few days holiday.

I have edited this to say he looks a little odd in my sig lol so I'll add another pic of him in a min.

Edited by Snowysal

presenting George....oozing in character aged 9yrs, gets on well with dogs and cats, obediant, likes long walks and cuddling by the fire is surprisingly agile and very smart(as most of his type seem to be), hes been with us around a year now I think and yes he does seem to know what a camera is and will play for it.....

IMG_1379.jpg

edited to say yes , he does have legs contrary to the photos :eek:

Edited by Snowysal

awwww george is gorgeous, I wanna cuddle him!!

I will take advantage of this opportunity to slip a quick wee photo in of my little girl, not that she is suitable coz those cute little ears of hers do not seem to serve any actual purpose lol (any op to show her off lol)

PC310115.jpg

Oh - shes lovely - I'm sure George would think so too(having the op late in life) he is currently swooning over the only other similar sized female who is friendly to him Zulu is 6 months old and they play and rumble like young pups together(the big girls are a bit boisterous and the older cats absolute snobs)

IMG_1410.jpg

Edited by Snowysal