Please Keep Hudson In Your Thoughts

cassie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have some GREAT news, Hudson is home safe and sound! :o $1150 later mind you...but that's fine they could have added another zero on the end of that and I'd still gladly pay it.

Spoke to the vet, he bloated, they xrayed him to make sure his stomach didn't twist, which it didn't, otherwise he would have required surgery, so they anaesthetised him and did a gastric dilation, which is putting the tube down his throat to his stomach. Also he had a big vomit and passed lots of faeces, so no blockages anywhere. This morning he's had an injection and also has some antibiotics for the next few days, both to prevent any bacterial infection. Unsure if these are really necessary to be honest but will follow the vet's instructions.

He's quite thirsty now but he's not allowed to drink too much, so I'm keeping an eye on his water intake. Will feed him a small bland meal tonight.

Thankyou so much to everyone for their well wishes, advice, PMs, even had a phone call. All your support is much appreciated :laugh:

A couple of photos of my big baby, I sorta love this boy A LOT!!! :hug:

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

Fantastic news. I met your dogs at a dol meet in adelaide a couple of years ago and LOVED them. Devastated when I read what was happening. Now that I'm emotionally under control I can post and say WONDERFUL , YAY, :o:hug::laugh::(:laugh::(

Best news, I'm so glad for you and Hudson. xxxx

Thank god your beautiful big boy is out of the woods, Cassie.

I'd never heard of bloat until I went to Burwood Pound many years ago where I was a volunteer walker to see a lovely big dog lying out in the sunshine on a rug with his owner hovering.

Never having had dogs susceptible to this terrible condition, I still don't know much about it except that it has a very rapid onset and is a killer. :laugh::o

Even though I have only toy breeds, I still follow the rules of no going for walks for some time after eating.

Again, so happy for you that Hudson pulled through.