Weird Things My Dog Does

MsKatie

There are too many things to name!

1. Codi sucks on his bunny rabbit toy. My breeder actually saw a photo and apparently his mum and brother does the same thing to blankets. It's very cute and so funny. Took me awhile to figure out what he was actually doing as I've never had a dog that does this.

2. He will bark at the TV when he sees something "interesting" or "doesn't like". Sometimes it's when he sees other animals. He barks at the cadbury ad with the dancing cow and he barked when we were watching Reaper last night when one of the demons appeared on screen. Lol.

3. "The poo dance"- This cracked us up when we first got him home so much that we named it the poo dance. Lol. After he sniffs around for a place to poo- instead of standing still and doing his business, he would continue to spin around. Haha.

One of the funniest things I have seen with my poodles was with a young mum . Her pups were 6 weeks old and in the computer room with us..heard loud slurping ..looked around ..there was mum half sitting up against the wall feeding several of her 3 pups ..but also having a damn good suck herself on a spare teat :) Maybe she wanted to check on why the pups were loving the milk bar so much

The other day she flopped onto her back and landed on Mosley :) Should've seen the look on her face, it was like "Crap I can't flip back, he's gonna bite me!" :)

I could picture that so clearly that I LOL. :thumbsup: When Kivi was younger he used to make these social faux pas like running into my old arthritic corgi and he would realise immediately that he was going to get nailed and he'd try to do the "Hey, I was just kiddin' with ya." thing where he'd do a play bow or a silly head toss or something. It worked more often than not and got him out of trouble. I so know that "Crap, I'm in trouble!" look, though. :rofl: Kivi always has his head in the clouds and he walks into other dogs or thinks he's pouncing on one of his friends only to discover he's pouncing on a dog that doesn't like that kind of thing, or he's playing with another dog and accidentally steps on someone... all bring out the "Crap! Now I've done it." look.

if Charlie's paws get wet... he will shake his body as though his whole body is drenched. when he is actually all wet all over... he will throw a tantrum till you put a towel on the floor and he sits there looking at me in a pathetic sad look as though 'mummy i'm wet. i don't like it' and I have to dry him off with a towel and get the blow drier out till he is satisfied again. he won't shake his body to help me dry him quicker.

Edited by CW EW

Our Staffy is constintly licking and eat things only she can see flying around in the air. She'll just sit there happily licking away at the air and all of sudden she'll take a leap and snap at some invisible goodness. It fascinates a lot of our visitors as they try and figure out why she does it. Some say attention but she'll happily sit in a room by herself and do it.

Not that unusual but still very cute, our other girl Stella( American bulldog x Mastiff) is quite the frequent dreamer. She makes the cutest muffled barks in her sleep and you can see her paws twitching! She also likes to tap you with her paw when she's not getting the attention she wants. :laugh:

Our 2 have a lot of the traits that others have mentioned already.

Aubrey will sit next to me looking at me in the morning until I make the first noise to say I am awake, then I am fair game for licks to the face.

Thomas will push in when not getting attention and then look up at you and flutter his eyelids.

When we get home Aubrey will come to the door, then run and get one of her favourite toys and growl until you play.

Aubrey will smell her own farts and then look dissaprovingly around.

Thomas will pee over wherever Aubrey has just pee'd.

Thomas only sits on the rugs in our house, the pavement, grass and wood floors are not for his previous bum.

They both run to the bedroom when we clean our teeth as they know it is time for bed!

One of my other dogs used to do something a bit embarrassing. She used to have a thing about sidling under a plant in the garden or a towel hanging in the bathroom, then she would rock herself back and forwards with the leaves or towel rubbing lightly over her back. This was accompanied by pleasurable groans, her eyes rolling back in her head and the tongue flicking in and out licking the air.

Aww this brought back memories of my old blue heeler girl. She used to do it with plants and tablecloths :laugh:

My current dog will do a few zoomies before she has a poo, I always think "where is she going" before I realise ahhh should have known!

If we are walking off-lead and it starts raining it's like she tries to out-run the rain until she realises she is wet and then gives in and goes back to normal walking. :laugh:

Emmy likes to lay on my back and wait till I wake up...

after she goes outside to do her business, she jumps on the bed and climb on my back and lays down and waits till I wake up.. she pokes her nose on my cheek once in a while to see if my eyes are open... if i ignore her, she puts her head down by my shoulder and patiently waits till I do... if i have my eyes open, she crawls up closer and gives me morning kisses.

When Oberon hears the shower start running he first inspects who is having a shower. If he finds its me having the shower then he looks for my dirty clothing, finds my bra and runs off with it. He does it very sneakily too..

My Logan likes to dig the bed - our bed or his dog bed, or a couch if all else fails. :D

He balances on his back legs while his front go together and every time his feet land for a dig he lets out a yip. I really need to get it on video.

Earl rubs his chin on things (and people) - it obviously gets itchy and sometimes - rather than scratch it - he will rub it on the arm of the chair - or the corner of the computer table - or my knee - and he is pretty strong too - and bony *L*

When my Dobe Stella lies down she always crosses her front legs. She looks so cute.

My Sibe does the same thing.

Akira knows the sound of OH's car (he has a Subaru WRX and it's a very distinctive sound). So whenever she hears it coming, she rushes outside to wait for him. However, someone two streets over also has a WRX, and there have been a few times that she's heard that one and run outside, even though she's been sitting next to OH at the time and his car is in the driveway. :rofl: