Dogs Jaw Taped Shut, Throat Slashed

samoyedman

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dogs-jaw-ta...0714-10aod.html

A dog has had its jaw taped shut and its throat slashed in an attack that has sickened RSPCA workers.

The good natured Staffordshire cross terrier, whom carers have named Franky, was found at a park south of Cairns last Thursday.

Her jaw had been taped shut, her throat cut and she was having trouble breathing when animal welfare officers from the local council arrived to collect her.

RSPCA Inspector Cameron Buswell said it was hard to believe there were people in the community capable of such cruelty.

"This would have to be up there as one of the more horrific cases we've dealt with," he said.

"The poor dog must have been petrified. How she didn't die is miraculous."

He said Franky was recovering well with her carer and had begun to come out of her shell.

"She is a really nice natured animal and she loves being with people."

Inspector Buswell said the RSPCA was appealing for information from the public to find those responsible.

AAP

Oh for gods sake! When will they take serious action against these absolute cowardly psychos??? The last one who attacked "Bentley" was sent on home because he had a mental illness - and nothing was done about him or his likelihood of doing it again.

I'm not sure what the point is of finding those responsible if nothing is done when they do!!!!

Give the creeps to me and I'll make it worthwhile.

what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!! what can us mere mortals do to stop this crap.....When are the rule makers going to sit up and realise penalties have to be toughened....This is getting worse and it is sickening to think these people have tendancies to hurt and torture so they do it to animals so they cant get into trouble....they get their thrills at the expense of the poor animals....with NO CONSIQUENCES

People can be bloody awful. :rofl:

It's not just the penalties that are the major hurdle for prosecuting authorities though, it's often the burden of proof. These offences have to be proved "beyond reasonable doubt" and unfortunately, with animals unable to give witness details that can be very hard to do. Animals are voiceless in our justice system, as are very young children. :rofl:

There a case not long up that way with a dog chained to concrete blocks and left in the heat. The same inspector was involved, I wonder if the sicko was caught and charged?

That person has not been caught (going by our local papers) but the amount of similar incidents is disturbing. plus all the dogs that are getting taken/ stolen. my pup will be very well secured when I leave the house

Absolute scum, i hope the culprit rots in hell. It is a proven fact that humans that are harmful towards animals eventually graduate to being harmful towards humans, yet the authorities do nothing to stop this type of human garbage from continuing to flourish.

Absolutely Despicable :laugh:

I am literally sick of seeing all these cases where some one abuses an animal and walks away with a slap on the wrist. It really is a sad view on our society when lawmakers allow these people responsible for horrible cruelty to walk away with little punishment.

You can imagine the outcry if someone did take retribution in the same manner as the crime.

Yet the people who carry out these despicably cruel acts are just let off time and time again. It beggars believe really. I just wonder where judges and magistrates keep their comprehension of the ramifications of their lack of action.