Whose Dog Prefers To Sleep Outside?

aussielover

All my dogs have preferred to sleep outside :shrug:

I would love to have a dog sleep on my bed! The only one that would like it though is Mindy, who sadly can't because she is a guide dog puppy.

My Clover used to be put up on the bed, but would hop off after an hour or so and go outside and sleep there.

My first dog Teddy, always slept outside as well.

Mindy would like it, she falls asleep with me on the mattress downstairs that I lie on when watching TV. But she seems to prefer to sleep outside, than in the laundary where she has her nice warm blanket and fluffy filled crate. When I take her out for her final toilet, she curls up in the bushes and goes to sleep! its very cute! She is forced to sleep in the crate though, poor baby, :p

I'm actually thinking of letting her sleep outside, I've checked with guide dogs and they said that was fine, some of the puppies do sleep better outside. I'm worried she will get too cold though. She is not trustworthy enough to have access to the whole house and unfortunately the laundary has no outside access and the rest of the house is open plan.

Indie loves being outside. I make him come into the house though as otherwise he would A. get drenched by the rain (always lies in the rain) and take all day to dry, and B.dig holes if he woke up too early in the morning. Absolutly no way Bonnie would ever want to stay outside at night,loves her comfort.

Aussielover- Bonnie would love to sleep in your bed and cuddle up with you all night. We only let her on the bed when we read bedtime stories to the kids, she hates going back to her own bed. Indie only stays on the bed for 5min max before he dissapears to his bed/floorboards/upside down with his tummy against freezer door lol.

I have 2 BC's.

Charlie likes to stay outside after dinner, usually around 6/7pm. So he sleeps outside and that suits me because he is a very quiet dog. He doesn't disturb the neighbours.

Maddy likes to sleep under my bed. She hates to go outside after tea :rofl:

Although in summer she may sometimes choose to sleep outside.

During the day they both prefer inside.

My border collies prefer to be outside. They like coming in during the evening and then are happy to go back out. The pup looks like she might like to stay in. If I try and get them in during the day they aren't too happy about it.

must b e a BC thing cos O-Ren prefers to be inside mostly... until the coldest part of the early mornings....about 4am... and she wants to go out... then 6-7am... come back in for a snuggly sleep in...... and then she attempts to HIDE so she doesnt get kicked out before i go to work.... wtf???

Mine boy likes both often he looks at me, then looks at the stairs then back at me as if to say "Come on its bed time" and he'll run up the stairs and just on the bed. Sometimes he will put himself to sleep outside on his bed and even if I call him, he won't come so I just tuck him in bed outside I think he does that on night he has the poops with me :winner:

My two sleeps on the bed. In summer Charlie moves to the bed on the floor.. the furthest he slept away from the bed was in the ensuite bathroom on the tiles.

I think Emmy will move to the floor in summer too.