Some Advice Please!

~*Shell*~

Okay, a while ago I took this photo of a friend of mine for my project 365. I know I want to do something with it (i think it's missing something) and I thought that maybe with time i could think of something to do but it's been months and I'm still drawing a blank. I would really like to style it so it looks a bit like Annie Leibowitz's celebrity disney shots (that kind of soft fairytale look) but everytime I play with it, I disappoint myself! I'm not completely happy with the shot to start off with but considering it was taken at night, outside, with the lights from my car headlights and my speedlite being bounced off a wall, it's not too bad. My friend really dislikes her expression but considering she's not a model and the whole shoot was really awkward for her, i don't think it's too bad :rolleyes:

4381830596_5134654e2c.jpg

Today I also took this shot of Terranik and Agentvee's new puppy fable, again, I know something is missing but I can't put my finger on it!

4804484196_f63f58dcda.jpg

I remember the Queen of Hearts when you first posted her. Wasn't there a couple of pics, did someone edit them for you? I think she's absolutely beautiful but if neither of you are happy with it, why not try again. Maybe she will be more relaxed next time when she knows how beautiful she looks and you might have more of a plan of action.

As to dear little Fable it feels slightly crooked to me which I am not keen on, other than that, not sure, maybe a tighter crop? but then you'd loose the sun ;)

I remember the Queen of Hearts when you first posted her. Wasn't there a couple of pics, did someone edit them for you? I think she's absolutely beautiful but if neither of you are happy with it, why not try again. Maybe she will be more relaxed next time when she knows how beautiful she looks and you might have more of a plan of action.

As to dear little Fable it feels slightly crooked to me which I am not keen on, other than that, not sure, maybe a tighter crop? but then you'd loose the sun :rofl:

Yep - Ashanali had a go at the other queen of hearts pic. I really liked what she did and that's why I'm not touching it :thumbsup: I think this queen of hearts pic could just be taken a bit further but for the life of me, I don't know what to do. I think it needs some photoshopping that I don't know I'm capable of at the moment. Maybe it just needs the leaves in the background brought out more. :laugh:

I'll try rotating the fable pic a little and see what it looks like - I still think it might be missing something though!

Here is my (amatuerish) opinion:

I would rotate Fable a touch and change it to B and W. Rotating it makes the flare (?) in the corner less distracting.

As for the Queen of Hearts - I think it's perfect and wouldn't touch it :laugh: