Prong Collars

K9 do you know of anyone in WA that could show me how one works or how to properly use one? My staffy has taken 2 steps back in walking on lead... she managed to chew thru her halti while we had stopped for a chat.. and she pulls constantly on her normal leather collar... and continuoulsy chokes her self on the choker chain..

And even while on the halti she would pull and grunt all the way on walks...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA:

It was you K9 who mentioned and introduced Innotek and electronic collars into this topic with, "Have you read the case where the RSPCA falsified evidence against electronic collars, were caught & paid $100 000.00 plus to Innotek???".

Well I did read the case and I thought I'd respond, and I thought that some others might also be interested in reading all the facts on what happened.

K9: I felt the relevant point was to mention one reason why they "may" hint that prong collars are illegal when they arent.

I dont think the rest of the story has any bearing on this thread.

EA:

As to your comment K9, "By the way Eddy, are you saying that the section of my post that you quoted is not true?"

I'm not saying that at all and I'll put it this way, say someone might happen to hear that the Federal Court in July 2002 ordered Mr & Mrs Holliday of ("Orion" & "Innotek") that they had to pay Dr Wirth a total of $30,000. I feel that something like this might only give a small portion of what might have happened from a global perspective, and if people want to read exactly what happened then they can read ALL THE FACTS via the webpage from the Federal Court

K9: My understanding after hearing it from the Horses mouth, John Holiday, was that.

Hugh Wirth made false statement on radio about the collars.

He was asked to stop by Innotek.

He didnt.

Innotek made some comments about him.

It went to court.

RSPCA presented a man with three burns on his arm that lined up with the probes from a no bark collar, they claimed the man had been burned by same collar.

Innotek offered that the centre or third probe on the collar was a PLASTIC VIBRATION SENSOR that emitted no current or heat, it was therefore impossible to burn.

There was other eveidence that was disproven also.

Innotek won the case, the shame is that the money given to them would otherwise help dogs.

Hugh Wirth counter sued Innotek as they had said some things about him publically that were found to be defaming.

The rest of the FACTS do not have any bearing on the fact that evidence presented was not accurate.

K9 do you know of anyone in WA that could show me how one works or how to properly use one? My staffy has taken 2 steps back in walking on lead... she managed to chew thru her halti while we had stopped for a chat.. and she pulls constantly on her normal leather collar... and continuoulsy chokes her self on the choker chain..

And even while on the halti she would pull and grunt all the way on walks...

K9: contact Chelseas mum on this forum, I haved spoken to her via email & she is having great results with her dog.

On this thread...just had two dogs in class tonight..came to me from other obedience schools...instructor death on pinch collars..dogs were large, powerful and handler/mom's small and getting very sore shoulders...we introduced the pinch after I had thoroughly explained why it looked like it did and how it worked.

ONE correction....no more pulling...the mum's jaws hit the floor...next question...."I can buy this right?" ( I always loan to try and never push to buy)

Two happy people that now can enjoy walking their dogs....they are excited about being able to be out and about with them..whereas they would choose to leave them behind because it was simply too hard for these ladies to manage.

Dianne Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 - 08:11 AM

Oh dear here we go again.........watch out everybody ......

no one will ever agree on this topic..from the extremes on both sides of the fence.

Wonder how long before this thread deteriorates to a slanging match..watch for it Mods.

Dianne

Just about my post near the start of the thread...no one will ever agree.

Discussion on this subject always deteriorates.

Unfortunately people will never listen to the other side of each person's opinions.

Whether I agree or not, I will not get into the conversation last time I suggested an opinion on retrieving I was accused of bashing Americans...

As usual..Just mine.

K9: I dont think your giving people enough credit, I cant see any deterioration?

However, if it does or did, its pretty easy for you not to read the thread? isnt it?

I cant understand why certain things cant be discussed, self control people, self control.

I also cant see the reason for any moderation on this thread, or so far to ask the moderators to "watch for it". & if there was, Im sure there would have been some intervention.

Surely adults can decide in most threads how far they want to go?

I also think there are people here who would like the information, 1700 + hits proves that, so just because you dont like these tools is no need to log onto the thread & try & stop it.

If this discussion had been "done to death" as you said, there wouldnt be 1700 + hits. We could also say that many topics have been done to death, thats no reason they cant be brought up again, new people join may like new & updated info.

I might suggest "personal moderation", in which if you feel you can gain nothing from the thread, or add nothing to it, simply dont click on it.

Edited by K9 Force

Thanx K9..as usual you are correct, you have as usual made a correct and assertive point which I will adhere too. Again been put in my place, by an excellent trainer.

Dianne

D:

Thanx K9..as usual you are correct, you have as usual made a correct and assertive point which I will adhere too. Again been put in my place, by an excellent trainer.

K9: your welcome, anytime.

G:

Thanks K9, have been in touch with chelseasmum

K9: most welcome, good luck.