Places To Stay With Your Dog In South East Qld?

PoppyDog

As the title states, I'm after reccomendations of places to stay with your dog in South East Qld.

I have heard of a place in Coolangatta that is supposed to be great! Anyone stayed there?

DF and I are not really into camping so we would prefer things other than camping!

Thanks in advance!

We stayed at a 3 bedroom beach house at 14, Lagoon Rd, Fingal Head (near Tweed Heads). It has a secure yard and dogs are allowed inside. It is very close walking distance to a beautiful dog off leash beach just near Fingal Light House. You can rent it through Kingscliffe Sales and Rentals. We had a great time there as did our dog who would have lived on the beach if he could!

We have also stayed at Alstonville Cottages which is located near Ballina. It's on a lovely property and dogs are allowed inside as long as they are on a lead when on the property as there are live stock in the paddocks. There are 1 and 2 bedroom cottages all with verandas which has gates to keep dogs from wandering off. There are dog beaches around Ballina. It was the first time our dog had seen a cow and he spent the whole weekend staring at them from the veranda.

I have stayed at the coolangatta one and LOVED it. The fact that we had our own very secure yard to leave the dogs in while we went out made the trip much easier and less stressful than say, camping with the dogs where they can not be left for more than 10 minutes at a time. The owners were really really super friendly and helpful too, although I think it has changed hands now?

I have stayed at the coolangatta one and LOVED it. The fact that we had our own very secure yard to leave the dogs in while we went out made the trip much easier and less stressful than say, camping with the dogs where they can not be left for more than 10 minutes at a time. The owners were really really super friendly and helpful too, although I think it has changed hands now?

No, it's not changed hands, but it is up for sale. We just got back last night from a dog training seminar down there, Camp Tailwaggers ROCKS! :laugh::o:) :) :vomit:

You could visit the Southern Bay Islands (Russell, Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra)...if you want to go over in your car there is a regular barge, or if you just leave your car at the ferry carpark you can go on the ferry (dogs need to be muzzled tho')

Jan at the Russell Island Motor Inn is happy for you to bring your dog( they are not allowed to sleep on the beds though) :laugh: She does have good rates if you stay for a few days.

There is a lovely beach (Sandy Beach) and BBQ area at the bottom of Russell Island where the dogs can have a paddle, you can walk right around the bottom at low tide, there is a channel and then Stradbroke Island, so it is pretty.

http://www.russellisland.com.au/images/russellislandmap.jpg

here are some pictures http://www.russellisland.com.au/photoalbum.htm

The Islands are really beautiful