Sleeping Puppies

koalathebear

wuffles showed me a hilarious photo of Ava sleeping on her back, paws in the air ... Elbie does that, too but Ava looked like she was doing sleep acrobatics. What amazes me about my puppy is that he seems to be able to fall asleep in a heartbeat in what look to be incredibly uncomfortable positions ... Sometimes he's on his back, sometimes his head is perched on the walls of his dog bed, sometimes he has his head on his rawhide bone or a hard toy ...

Probably the funniest sleep incident for me was one night when Elbie was still a very wee puppy, I was watching Supernatural in a cold kitchen with a sleeping Elbie for company. He was fast asleep in his travel crate which we had been using for toilet training him.

At one point, the evil angel Zachariah started to summon Michael the Archangel. He started babbling away in Latin and suddenly I heard a clunk to my right and Elbie's paw fell out of his crate with a dramatic and very heavy thud ...

Then, almost immediately after the first thud, half of a sleeping Elbie toppled out, too!!! I was too slow to get a photo of the claw/paw, but here was a still-sleeping Elbie flopping out of his crate in response to Zachariah's Latin summons! He was half in the crate, half-out and he's still fast asleep :laugh:

elbie92.jpg

It startled me a lot!

Edited by koalathebear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl::laugh: Lol

Ruby often falls asleep on her back. My next door neighbour was just telling me this morning that one day last week he looked out across my yard and she was on her back asleep with her toy cow in her mouth! :cry:

Ruby snores. Loudly. She's had a very big day today, and was just snoring a few minutes ago. I tried to get it on video, but my crappy camera couldn't pick it up :cry:

Don't you love how quickly they can fall asleep? Ruby was awake one minute, then off to her crate and 30 secs later- snores! ;)

post-35287-1280058149_thumb.jpg

Genevieve always has her nose under something... Often it will be under my shirt or down my pants when we are on the couch! I will try to get a pic of her next time she does it!

They are some awesome pictures people!!! :laugh::( :D

4598185376_c095f77357.jpg

Is Emmy a pink girl by any chance?

I think she may have a bit in common with Genevieve!

I love the paws on it! :thumbsup:

Yep... everything about her is pink :laugh:

Same!! All her accessories are pink. My OH hates it!! I think she looks more like a boy, so I want it obvious that she is a girl. Though, according to OH now, she is 'gender indifferent' because she had her hysterectomy. Men just don't get it!!!

All the sleeping puppies are soooo cute. I'm amazed by how easy it is for our pups to sleep in this awkward positions. When Elbie wakes up, he will do a long streeeeeeeeeeetch and then another streeeeeeeeeeetch and as we greet him, he might give us another streeeeeeeeetch before coming in for the pat :thumbsup: Also, sometimes when he wakes up from a long sleep and we open the door of the kitchen to wee him, he staggers along woozily like he's drunk or something. It's very funny - on the one hand he's clearly half-awake but on the other hand, I wonder if he ever truly sleeps. This is because when he's sleeping, as soon as one of us gets up to do anything, he'll poke his head up or at least open his eyes to follow watch us go around the room. No matter how quietly we try to sneak, we always seem to wake him.

Also, I had no idea that you weren't supposed to pat a sleeping dog :laugh: We pat Elbie all the time when he's sleeping, usually when we need to wake him up and he'll just open his eyes and give us a sleepy look as if to say: "Do I have to get up?" I had no idea that some dogs get snappy. Ooops :idea:

Also, I had no idea that you weren't supposed to pat a sleeping dog :eek: We pat Elbie all the time when he's sleeping, usually when we need to wake him up and he'll just open his eyes and give us a sleepy look as if to say: "Do I have to get up?" I had no idea that some dogs get snappy. Ooops :eek:

Of an evening after I am home from work, we spend a couple of hours on the couch, usually G will go to sleep on me in some way or another. And I am usually patting her or playing with her ears or brushing her. When it is bed time, she follows me to the other end of the house.... Never an issue... sometimes she does this weird purr like a cat thing while on my lap.

During the day, she will often sit on the couch and watch Dr Phil :rofl: and conveniently dozes off just as Oprah is starting - about which time I am packing up to go to work. She is the last thing I do before walking out the door. And she will still have her eyes closed as I scoop her up and she lets out this little grumble! :rofl: It is so funny! She doesn't even open her eyes to grumble at me!!!! (I mean, if you are going to take me on, at least have the audacity to LOOK at me!!!). I usually say 'Oh be quiet!' or 'Oh stop your growling' and she stops... and I put her in her house in the laundry and shut the door! It is like she knows it is coming and this is what has to happen, but she will let me know that it sucks anyway!

Same!! All her accessories are pink. My OH hates it!! I think she looks more like a boy, so I want it obvious that she is a girl. Though, according to OH now, she is 'gender indifferent' because she had her hysterectomy. Men just don't get it!!!

:cheer: I hope I won't be thought of as gender indifferent if I need a hysterectomy at some stage

I have a Great Dane with a pretty pink collar - but often people still think she's a boy - because all big dogs are boys, right? :cheer:

loving all the photos, they are so cute :thumbsup:

All the sleeping puppies are soooo cute. I'm amazed by how easy it is for our pups to sleep in this awkward positions. When Elbie wakes up, he will do a long streeeeeeeeeeetch and then another streeeeeeeeeeetch and as we greet him, he might give us another streeeeeeeeetch before coming in for the pat :thumbsup: Also, sometimes when he wakes up from a long sleep and we open the door of the kitchen to wee him, he staggers along woozily like he's drunk or something. It's very funny - on the one hand he's clearly half-awake but on the other hand, I wonder if he ever truly sleeps. This is because when he's sleeping, as soon as one of us gets up to do anything, he'll poke his head up or at least open his eyes to follow watch us go around the room. No matter how quietly we try to sneak, we always seem to wake him.

Also, I had no idea that you weren't supposed to pat a sleeping dog :cheer: We pat Elbie all the time when he's sleeping, usually when we need to wake him up and he'll just open his eyes and give us a sleepy look as if to say: "Do I have to get up?" I had no idea that some dogs get snappy. Ooops :cheer:

Yep... Emmy does her "yoga" when she wakes up 'upward dog' and 'down ward dog' and then she kick one of her back leg out to stretch, then she stretches the other other back leg.. then another down ward dog position... then gives herself a good shake.. THEN is she ready to go outside to do her business... funny girl.

:cry: I hope I won't be thought of as gender indifferent if I need a hysterectomy at some stage

I have a Great Dane with a pretty pink collar - but often people still think she's a boy - because all big dogs are boys, right? :laugh:

loving all the photos, they are so cute :rainbowbridge:

Akira's colour is purple. OH didn't want her to be "too girly" with pink, so we chose purple instead. She still gets called a boy, though.

• 1 month later...

Comfy.. Mars also snores.. he's been snoring from a young age. I never understood when he was younger how such a small pup could snore so loudly! Luckily it hasn't gotten any louder, still the same volume. :eek:

post-10515-1284033311_thumb.jpg

Couldn't find any of Pepper is weird puppy sleeping positions.. best I could find was this.

post-10515-1284033323_thumb.jpg