Unusual Brag......

biker girl

Had a phone call from one of my puppy buyers in SA tonight with one of the most unusual brags to date!

Not an obedience brag, not a show ring brag, though I suppose it was a performance brag!!

My friends have a house that they are restoring in the Mid North of SA & they have a bunny population problem

Robin (the human) bagged four bunnies, however their Gsd, Tao bagged SIX bunnies himself!!!!!

How any of you had an unusal brag with any of your dogs???????

I think it's nice that your puppy owner decided to share it with you :rofl:

I took Brennan back to the breeders on her first birthday back in April ( as part of my contract I signed) and gave Gennie ( breeder) a copy of some photo's of her-- she really appreciated it :)

My ususual brag is that my 5 month old puppy can drink water straight out of a running hose. This may not sound unusual to most people with dogs but we are talking about a Sharpei. Most Sharpei hate water and drinking out of a water bowl is as close as they will come to having to deal with the wet stuff. My 13 year old girls have always voluntarily walked into water (but never swum) but I think my puppy is going to surprise all Sharpei owners.

My boy chased and retrieved a tennis ball for the first time today. :o

He is a 2 yr old lab. I got him in Feb, and he didn't play, chase things (except the cat), or even play with the other dogs. He has gradually learnt to play zoomies thanks to my 2 lab pups, and I saw him instigate the play himself for the first time yesterday.

He was so uninterested in retrieving anything, but after seeing how so many dogs love their fluffy toys, I gave him a little pink rabbit which he merrily pranced around with ever so gently in his mouth!! (my other dogs will have stuffed toys shredded within 3 seconds of seeing it.) I kept taking bunny off him and dropping it, and he would grab it back up, until I managed to be able to throw it across the yard and he'd chase it. Still couldn't care less about a ball though until today. I was shocked that he picked it up. He wont chase it if I throw it more than a couple of metres, but I was so happy for him to see him prancing around slapping the ball with his paw.

I think he is a much happier boy now that he has discovered these simple doggy pleasures.

Excellent work Tao and pei puppy!! :(:)

Ah really? So they dont carry parasites or harbor poison? I never realized that.. I've just always been extra careful with pests ever since a family members dog ate a poisoned rat and died. :(

Poor bunnies, can't imagine a more horrible death than being chased by a dog then killed.

Can you tell I have had a pet rabbit killed by a neighbors dog before? :(

My dogs achievements are only in how fast they can destroy toys. About 15 seconds for a tennis ball to be in pieces.

Poor bunnies, can't imagine a more horrible death than being chased by a dog then killed.

Can you tell I have had a pet rabbit killed by a neighbors dog before? :eek:

My dogs achievements are only in how fast they can destroy toys. About 15 seconds for a tennis ball to be in pieces.

wild rabbits are feral and prey, being killed by a predator is the norm for them. Dogs are predator's.

Sorry for your pet bunny.