Touchy Subject But Need Advice Or Help.

Danielle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad my sleuthing skills alerted you to this. The ad is a complete lie also. Talks about the "sweet loving dog"

"FREE TO GOOD HOME!!! This poor darling red kelpie pup needs a new home! She needs a home that doesn't have intimidating dogs.. Someone that will give her one on one love! She is very sweet when she warms up a little. Very smart, Very alert and timid. She's just not suited to our home and I don't want to scare her anymore with our other 4 dogs.. :[ it will be sad to see her go!!! Someone give her a loving home!!!!"

Thats what the ad says.

Edited by lovemesideways

Glad my sleuthing skills alerted you to this. The ad is a complete lie also. Talks about the "sweet loving dog"

"FREE TO GOOD HOME!!! This poor darling red kelpie pup needs a new home! She needs a home that doesn't have intimidating dogs.. Someone that will give her one on one love! She is very sweet when she warms up a little. Very smart, Very alert and timid. She's just not suited to our home and I don't want to scare her anymore with our other 4 dogs.. :[ it will be sad to see her go!!! Someone give her a loving home!!!!"

Thats what the ad says.

Im done with this girl, she has made me look like an idiot. Not only has she lied to me but she has obviously been deceptive from the very start. She does not have the dogs best interest at heart and Im done. I feel like a bit fat fool!

There really are so many assumptions going on here.

Yes, the dog could have serious issues and PTS may be only option but you really cant tell when going off someones words alone. What might be very aggressive to someone might be more minor to someone else.

Has the pup actually bitten someone? Did it cause blood or stitches?? We really dont know the full story. Hence, my snapping comments....

I have seen several young dogs like this and they are not all bad.

Some dogs that come into the vet turn into downright monsters when being treated but they are loving family pets at home. You cant always guage behaviour when the dog is in a stressful situation.

This pup should not be being advertised, but then again, if it is as bad as she says it is, then no one would be taking it on as a pet. It needs to be assessed by an experienced person asap or PTS if no one has the experience/time/facilities to help.

time for a face-palm moment ... someone close grab that dog will you. Just take the darn thing and either assess it or take it to a vet

I'm a 2 hour drive, but can't take the dog home myself, and can't assess dogs behaviour.

I can pick up and drive somewhere. Happy to do it.

Oh my god.. please, someone take the dog before it falls into the wrong hands via gumtree! If I was closer I'd be in the car right now.. this can only end badly. Given what has been said here, I cant believe how badly she's lied in the ad.. :thumbsup:

If the pup is as bad as first stated, then how the hell is she going to present a sweet , loving, timid puppy to a new owner.... particularly if its biting and growling at all and everyone....

Maybe, pup isn't aggressive at all and she just doesn't want it for what ever reason..... after all how can you believe anything she is saying.... she has gone from one extreme to another.... I wonder how she will explain the LARGE lump on its head..... poor puppy :thumbsup:

Given what has been said here, I cant believe how badly she's lied in the ad..

really? I can. And seen a lot worst from people who supposedly should know better too.

Yes, but I think you know what I meant.. when I said "I cant believe" I was expressing how ridiculous it is that someone would lie about something so serious. Whoever reads that ad is just going to think the dog is a bit timid and shy of being handled.. completely different to the actual story going by whats written in this thread.

because they believe it is in the interest of the animal to do it, or their own. Self justification (and denial) can be a magical thing. I've seen dogs who have gone beyond just a nip here and there, yet the owners go 'oh but he's really just sweet, gentle, loving and needs a little more time and obedience training'.

well i hope she enjoys the law suit for selling an agressive dog and lieing about it

good luck doing that in australia. The next owner will either pass it on to another home, shoot it or take it to pound/vet. No one is that lawyer happy yet here

Edited by Nekhbet

The human race has a lot to be ashamed of, we are responsible for bringing animals (and children) into this world and we let them down time and time again. For all of the good things we think we do you just have to turn on the tele, open a newspaper or look on the internet to realise that we are the cause of a lot of unnecessary pain. Danielle, I hope your friends do the right thing by the pup, their child, themselves and society, it is a hard decision to make :thumbsup: and I wish them well

x2

Thats what the ad says.

Im done with this girl, she has made me look like an idiot. Not only has she lied to me but she has obviously been deceptive from the very start. She does not have the dogs best interest at heart and Im done. I feel like a bit fat fool!

please dont feel bad. you came here looking for help and with a great deal of honesty and integrity. it is not you fault your aquaintance does not have those same values.