Lanscaping Services

sas

I would love to know where the dirt goes! I think they eat it!

We tried the sandpit we have a huge one 9mtrs long & 4mtrs wide, Molly uses it Major prefers the garden, someone on another thread suggested a balloon in the hole, I have burried a few now to wait for it to stop raining to see!

Jacqui

We just tried something - a bit of a backyard blitz..... It is low cost and might work and shouldn't have any adverse effects on Wilbur.

We have pebbles in our garden beds - probably 10 mm deep. Directly underneath the pebbles is the green plastic garden trellace - about $3 a metre. This sits directly on top of the soil You can cut gaps in the mesh for Plants to poke through (leaving growing space)

Normal ground covers (mondo-grass etc) will just grow up through the pebbles.

The pebbles are $12-$13 a bag - and are good in the water-unfreindly climate to avoid soil drying out after watering

Tee hee!

We have a combined approach - a digging bowl where authorised digging is rewarded; occasional 'pooh in hole' and criss-crossed bamboo sticks around new plantings (for about 1 month).

We still get 'diggin' dawg' days, but they are reduced when there is plenty of stimulation from other sources - a fresh bone, toy rotations and outings to distract and occupy.

The funniest thing happened recently, though - Poppy decided to teach the neighbours' dogs (2) about digging, and they spent 10 minutes digging the BIGGEST hole together in the common lawn at our apartments.. oops!

Until then, the other two were disinterested in digging: it only took one little dawg to corrupt them... :thumbsup: