Neospora & Molly

bommy

well we have had a few days of ups & downs this week with mainly ups! Molly has weighed in at 25kgs & seems happy enough so the chemo seems yo be working!

We go for more cbc testing on 16 03 05

Jacqui

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacqui, I have not been on DOL for a while and had not read about Molly until now. Reading through the thread it sounds as if she has had such a dramatic improvement. I hope it keeps up. Hugs and kisses to you and Molly, keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps improving at such a fantastic rate.

• 2 months later...

Well, it has been a while since I have had to post in here about our beloved Molly, she has been doing so well & handled the move from Mackay to Wagga Wagga perfectly & had been meintaining her weight around the 24-25kg mark...

Sadly though over the last 3 days (1 week after her last chemo treatment) her appetite has dropped off & she has lost a massive 3kgs... We went & saw a new vet this morning & she is very concerned about the loack of appetite & weight loss. We have agreed to stop the chemo (lomustine treatments) and have given ourselves 3 days to reassess. We have looked at increasing her macrolon dosage to see if that will pick up her appetite & her weight, however if by thursday she has not improved it will be time for us to say goodbye to our beautiful girl & let her run free at the bridge with Chief. Sadly it is not something I want to even think about but OH & I both agreed before starting the chemo that we would not let her suffer for our own selfish reasons... fingers crossed that the macrolon works, she still likes to seek us out & plays with the kids so we feel there may still be some hope but if not then we know we to be strong & let her pass with dignity & love & be pain free.

Jacqui

Dear Jacqui,

I have been thinking of Molly and wondering how she was going. Sorry the news isn't good. I will be thinking of her and keeping everything crossed for you.

kind regards

Lisa

Sweetheart

You will look into those big brown eyes and know when the time is right. Whisper in the girl's ear that Auntie Riley loves her very, very much and give her a big belly rub and cuddle from me.

God was cruel to give us our best friend in the shape of the four legged kind and not give them the same life span as us.

The Bridge is REAL Bommy, you know in your heart it is :laugh:

Know that your all in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

All My Love

Riles

Oh Jaqui,

My heart goes out to you, and my fingers , toes and all my dogs paws are crossed for you and molly to pull through,

Give molly a big cuddle from us and i give you one too, your so strong and keep your head high always!

Love always

abbie, ruby and bonnie

Hi Jacqui,

I haven't been on here much for a while so I was hoping for good news.

i think you might be right that the time is approaching. At least she had some more good quality time with you.

3 kg is a lot to drop in 3 days. Is she drinking? I could only guess that a large part of that could be water. Try putting something tasty in her water to encourage her to drink.

i hope she is feeling comfortable and that you make the decision that you are most comfortable with yourself.

Thinking of you...

Nicole

hi guys,

Thanks for all the well wishes, well today Jason & I have cried a thousand tears, we know that it is tie for us to set Molly free, so tomorrow at 3.30 pm she is making her final trip to the vet she has only just met, and she will be set free to run at the bridge with our beloved Chief.

I never thought that I would lose my two furbabies within less than a year of each other, I am so grateful though to advice received here & from Brad & Kim at Valley vet surgery walkerston, this enabled us to have another 4 mths with our beautiful girl and bring her with us to NSW and for that all your support & goodwishes & advice is greatly appreciated.

Cuddle your babies extra tight tonight & please spare a thought for Molly tomorrow when the Bridge accepts another beloved furbaby to the fold.

thank you all again

Jacqui

Oh Jacqui,

This is one of the hardest decisions sadly we are all going to face one day,

i have read molly's story from the start and seen such survivors you two are and the road you've been down.

It has not been easy for you both, and eventually everyone has to say goodbye one day. Molly has had an AWSOME life, and this should be a celebration on the great life that this dog has had,

I send my prayers and hugs to your whole family,

Give her one last hug from us all, enjoy the time you have left with her

Love and wishes always

Abbie, ruby and Bonnie xoxo

Good Courage and Strength in your release and send off, of your much loved friend :rolleyes:

Ultimate priveleged act of friendship, respect and love.

Rejoice in having known

Hoping it goes well, such sadness to endure for those left behind

Thinking of you, and knowing how hard such a task is...

Have no doubt she will morph into all things incredibly beautiful

Words cant express...how hard the next steps are

Be strong not sad for her

so sorry

Kind regards

Sue

aatanic,

just wanted to say thanks for all the support, have pm'd you.

abz,

your check ups via pm & thoughts here have been great

Riles,

you know how I feel sweetie, speak to you soon, thanks

for everyone else as there has been so much support through out this ordeal THANK YOU so much.

Jacqui & family