Has Any1 Seen Or Heard Anything?

moko81

The problem is that the dog was rehomed by the breeder, the new owner can do as they like with it. Reporting the dog as missing with the microchip is not accurate as the breeder acknowledges giving the dog away.

This.

Feeling as if you've been scammed is not going to hold up if the police got involved and the public admission that the dog was given away came up.

It's an unfortunate situation and I do feel for the breeder but she did rehome the dog entire (presumably) so you have to be willing to accept the risks that go along with that.

very sad for the dog and original owners who were too trusting. If the seller has been decietful about the age of the dog to the new owners I hope they find out and take him to consumer affairs or whoever deals with ripoffs. I hope he gets done like a dinner.

I hope that the bulldog ended up in a pet home and not a byb or even worse....a puppy farmer! What a lying sack of shit is that prick to potray himself as something he was not.....I just hope that the $2200 he pocketed won't stand him in good stead!

I am of the opinion that the breeder, especially given that she is registered, should have known better than to place implicit trust on a complete stranger. Lesson learnt, I hope. I also hope that she no longer gives dogs away and does her homework more thoroughly next time.

It is not illegal to obtain dogs for free and sell them for a huge profit.

The dog is not "missing". It has been lawfully rehomed. Twice.

I only hope the breeder learns from this and moves future oldies on desexed and for the price of the op at least. Clearly they are not worthless.

Edited by poodlefan

I feel very very sorry for this dog. BB's are one of the 'in' breeds at the moment - god knows where this poor dog has ended up. And I assume for the price tag he was on-sold for that this dog was entire. What a shame the breeder didn't bother to desex him. Only one way to stop BYB and puppy farmers - desex.

ETA: And just looking at the breed pages, only 1 out of 4 listings is being sold desexed.

Edited by Kirty