A Few Grams Of Cheerfulness

persephone

Sometimes , it's the little things which make a big crash.

This morning, I found my little canary dead.

He was around 8, which is a good age.

'nary' canary was a common 'green' canary, with a talent for mimicry and the sweetest whistle :thumbsup: he would trill in the phone's rhythm, as well as his own gorgeous calls.

He was a very communicative little guy- he had a large cage hung under the eaves - just outside the window where I sit at my puter- so if he saw me ,he would chirp 'hello' even at night. When he saw me coming with greens/treats, he would chirp.... or if I walked past and actually forgot to give him some thistle, or a bit of biscuit, or apple- then he would gently remind me :thumbsup:

Some years ago he had a mate- she was a lot older than we were told, and died early on ....

nary would have a bath every morning- even in minus temps! he loved picking aphids off thistle tops or rose leaves , and would always demolish small pieces of multigrain bread .

The house and surrounds is a lot quieter, and my little computer corner is suddenly very empty.

Fly high, little one.

yes, I am :thumbsup: over a canary....

Perse I still miss my old black/yellow canary "Chienka", his singing made me smile everytime I heard him (and I would laugh every time he would become romantic with his little plastic bird friend).

Our tears fall for the soul that we have lost not the size of the body that they encompassed.

Sweet dreams Nary, may your songs brighten up the bridge for those gone but not forgotten

;) I'm so sad for you Pers, maybe small in size, but a big part of your life.

I don't think grieving the loss of one so small is any different to losing our bigger family.

Fly and sing little one.

hugs,

fifi xxxx

Persephone that was the most moving eulogy your dear sweet Nary could ever have hoped for.

Sure there would always be those who comment it is only a bird, but your words truly expressed how very much Nary meant to you, and gave us an insight into his wonderful little character also.

I too feel your loss, along with your compassion, and only a true animal lover would ever understand.

:laugh:

Fly free little Nary, for you very obviously well and truly gave much pleasure in your being, whilst with your loved ones.

Persephone sorry to see your little Nary has gone to Rainbow bridge, no matter what our little creature companions are they all deserve to be loved and remembered, hugs to you Persphone.

RIP Nary

lablove

So sorry for your loss Pers,

I had a blue budgie as a kid. I named him 'True Blue' or 'bluey' (bad I know), lol!

I bought him with my birthday money on my 8th birthday for which I had waited for what seemed like an eternity.

The months leading up to it I had borrowed how to books from my neighbours and read up on training birds, so when mum saw I was serious we went to pick out our little fella.

He was the one on the middle perch that cocked his head when I said "hello" and came down for a closer look. I had him finger trained in no time and in a few weeks he had worked up quite a vocabulary.

one morning as I was eating breakfast, mum walked past the cage when bluey very clearly chimed "hello old girl!"

Us kids were of course :rofl:

Turned out dad had been working with him for some time without letting anyone else know and blueys' timing had been spot on :thumbsup:

He sadly passed away when he was 8.

They give us beautiful memories.

RIP little Nary

Bye-bye, sweet little guy. Spread your little wings and fly... :thumbsup: How wonderful to love a little bird this much- he must have been special. I had a little budgie once, called Geoffrey, one of quite a few in an aviary, but he would sit on my head and talk madly in my ear while I fed the others. I always wondered what he was saying?:) Love to you and your special 'Nary'.:thumbsup: