Looking For A High Quality Australian Kibble

Hey guys,

Before this turns into a raw vs kibble debate, I actually feed my chihuahua raw barf but I like to have kibble in the house incase I run out of other food.

I used to buy innova evo, which seems to have all the right ingredients and my dog likes it! But I want to try and find something that's made in Australia. Mainly due to the possibility that evo could be getting irradiated when it's imported here.

I'm looking for something with minimal grains but all the Australian "premium" kibbles seem full of them.

Any ideas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'll find an Australian made kibble that fits those requirements.

If an imported kibble is irradiated, you should be able to find out from the manufacturer. Personally I'd never buy any product sold by Pets Paradise but there are other imported kibbles that are not irradiated. Artemis Maximal is grain free and not irradiated. Canidae does a similar one.

If you find something let me know! I won't buy Innova because of the company that sells it atm. If it was available through other stores I would put my dogs back on it in a second! There are some other kibbles out there that are similar but I don't know as much about them and they are also imported. Contact Innova via their website to ask if the food is irradiated.

I emailed them and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Natura Pet Products. Our foods are not irradiated from the beginning process to when being exported to Australia. Only the pallets that the food sits on are irradiated. The pallets are irradiated without the food sitting on them."

Now it sounds like they're talking about the American end, but what about when it gets to Australia... Hmmmmm

I seriously can't believe there isn't a decent Aussie kibble

Let us know what you think Gayle. I've been having so much trouble sourcing Eagle Pack lately and the link you've shown is also much better value for money.

I would be interested to see what anyone cluey about ingredients, thinks of the food on the link.

I think it is positive to see a locally made product that looks to be high in meat content. As with a couple of other Australian made holistic foods, I do question the inclusion of menadione, as well as the wheat flour in the puppy food. I also prefer to avoid beet pulp in feeding my own dogs. Having said that, this particular food has been around for quite a while and I've only heard good feedback about it (and no, we don't currently stock it).

Sags

:)

Let us know what you think Gayle. I've been having so much trouble sourcing Eagle Pack lately and the link you've shown is also much better value for money.

I would be interested to see what anyone cluey about ingredients, thinks of the food on the link.

The price I was quoted was actually less than the one in that link.

I have got Benson on Uncle Albers at the moment, and he does really well on that. But Dusty doesn't like it at all and because she's become sensitive to a totally raw diet....she just throws it back up......I want to find something that she likes and does well on. But something that's value for money, because now I've got 3 Aussies, I can't afford to keep feeding stuff that costs $130 a bag.

Right now she is on Supercoat which she loves, and I have to admit she looks fabulous but I think we can do better.

Guest belgian.blue

Nutro is australian made and my two are going great on it.

One on adult lamb and one on large puppy. The most shiny coats also. I also find the adult pieces to be large, so it makes my girl chew as she tends to be a gulper.

Nutro isn't widely available and I think it's one that's up around the same price as Eagle Pack.

This seems odd to me, I haven't gone into a store yet that doesn't sell it :mad And my local sells the 15kg bag for $98. I once looked into buying EP for 130+ for a 13.6kg bag. :o

Like most of the Premuim foods, there is a 100% money back guarantee. So if after trying it for a few weeks you or your furry one is unhappy with it, you can take the unused portion back for a swap over or money back. :)

Edited by cj-b

I have emailed them after trying to find a stockist in my area. I live in a well populated regional area in Victoria, but no matter which major towns postcode I typed in the box, I got no local stockists.

And the pet shops I've been to around here definitely don't have it. So as far as I'm concerned, it's not widely available.

Illusionzzz email this lady. I have recently brought a bag of this food and it's fantastic! No corn or wheat, and it is a high quality hollistic food, made in Australia and reasonably priced.

Kaye Reeves: [email protected]

She will be able to give you all the details you need and where you can purchase it from.

No corn? What then is corn gluten meal? And tallow?

Illusionzzz email this lady. I have recently brought a bag of this food and it's fantastic! No corn or wheat, and it is a high quality hollistic food, made in Australia and reasonably priced.

Kaye Reeves: [email protected]

She will be able to give you all the details you need and where you can purchase it from.

No corn? What then is corn gluten meal? And tallow?

Following is the ingredients list off the website for the food I feed my dogs. Maybe I'm having eye problems but I still can't see corn (gluten meal or otherwise) or tallow? :cheer:

ADULT LAMB AND RICE

A premium quality dry food being used by breeders/exhibitors and pet owners with outstanding results.

PROTEIN MIN 22% - FAT MIN 12% - FIBRE MAX 4.5% - ASH MAX 11% - PHOSPHOROUS MAX 1.5% - CALCIUM MIN 1.45% - MOISTURE MAX 10%

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbyl Palmitate), Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary. Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, DL-Methionine, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.