Frozen Puppiesdot Com

Blakbelgian

Hi All,

I heard whispers in Melbourne that the business called

FROZEN PUPPIES DOT COM is no longer in business. :confused:

Can anyone clarify this rumour for me?

If they have closed down is there a similiar business in Melbourne that does a similiar thing to these guys???

Thanks

BB

They have been taken over by Genetic Technologies I believe. It should say on their website.

They were, but that was some time ago. And yes, over the last week or so they have closed them down. I haven't seen any updates on websites, but have been dealing with the fall out all week :confused:

It depends on what you are looking for in terms of a "similar" service. Do you mean transport, storage or collection?

Most of the main repro vets in Vic do collection and storage. I'd recommend Cryogenes in Vic for transport. But if you are looking for someone else who will do the whole "collecting at a show" thing - I'm afraid I don't know of any other company who does that.

Edited by armahani

They have been taken over by Genetic Technologies I believe. It should say on their website.

They were, but that was some time ago. And yes, over the last week or so they have closed them down. I haven't seen any updates on websites, but have been dealing with the fall out all week :hug:

It depends on what you are looking for in terms of a "similar" service. Do you mean transport, storage or collection?

Most of the main repro vets in Vic do collection and storage. I'd recommend Cryogenes in Vic for transport. But if you are looking for someone else who will do the whole "collecting at a show" thing - I'm afraid I don't know of any other company who does that.

Same here in Brisbane - Frozen Puppies (Ron Newland esq) has closed it's doors.

Received a letter yesterday from GT Pets (yet another trading name for GTG) telling me that THEY had decided to relocate the frozen semen which I had stored with them to a Greencross Vet practice at Redbank.

Rang the practice and the staff knew nothing about it - I would have to speak to the practice manager.

Now doesn't that fill one with confidence - just dandy.

So when did it become OK to tell the customer AFTER the event.

No mention in the letter of transfer fees or new storage cost arrangements.

Word on the streets is that there are many examples too of frozen breeding units going missing or being sent to the wrong clients.

And huge miscalculations of invoice costs regarding storage / import fees etc.

I can certainly recommend Dr Annette Page who does collect and store locally in Brisbane.

• Confused 1

Thanks for the headsup on this, I contacted GT and spoke to a lady named Amanda from the Baulkham Hills facility. She has confirmed that Norm Jessup has left Frozen Puppies in Vic, and the semen we have stored is now at Sandown. She said there were different circumstances to the Vic & Qld branches closing down but that Frozen Puppies was still operating.

They don't have plans to inform Vic clients of the move, but assures me it is being maintained by Sandown and all is fine.

Hopefully that is the case.

Thank you also, I went to pay a bill for the Laidly FP, and looked at my invoice which has only a Victorian addy on it !!!

spoke to the Victorian GT and now have just phoned Jerry King from Redbank plains in Brissie, apparently our semen was relocated there too - a couple of weeks ago !!!!

Jerry King said I should recieve a letter this week, but at this stage he has to check that all of it is actually there (insert fainting emoticon here !!!) he said he'll email me tonight if mine is not on the list.

to say I feel ill is an understatement :-(

Like everyone, this stuff is irreplaceable.

fifi

edited to add; looks like some of the Laidly FP files have not yet made it to Victoria, so at this stage all of ours is considered missing :-( the staff have all been so casual about it, not particulary interested in reasuring us. and certainly not an apology or appreciation of how distressing this is :-(

Edited by fifi

I phoned Gerry early last week.

he checked to make sure my semen was with him and phoned me back the same avo.

As promised byhim I received a letter in the mail today.

Yes, Gerry was very nice and reasured me all the semen he recieved is under lock & key and tanks being topped up.

He has promised to check the paperwork tonight, as at this point there is no record of ours.

I'm very p*ssed at GTpets though, it seemed like I was enquiring about a toaster, not irreplaceable breeding material.

was very 'nice' of gt to let us know our semen had been moved. :laugh:

Just had an email from GT in VIC, they won't recieve the QLD FP files until later in the week and will investigate further when they arrive. all fingers crossed.

fifi

Edited by fifi

Yes, Gerry was very nice and reasured me all the semen he recieved is under lock & key and tanks being topped up.

He has promised to check the paperwork tonight, as at this point there is no record of ours.

I'm very p*ssed at GTpets though, it seemed like I was enquiring about a toaster, not irreplaceable breeding material.

Just had an email from GT in VIC, they won't recieve the QLD FP files until later in the week and will investigate further when they arrive. all fingers crossed.

fifi

Wow not good.

fifi

I agree

Gt and FP have acted very very unprofessionally.

I am now OK as to where my frozen semen is.

But am still not impressed by the whole scenario.

How inconsiderate of FP not to inform people that they were closing down and relocating the sperm they

were holding. :thumbsup:

I would be peed off I were in your situations.

BB

Yes I would be very annoyed myself.

The whole thing puts shivers up my spine, I hope that everybody gets their semen to the right places and all of it is accounted for.

Well, at this point my semen is NOT listed in the paperwork provided to Redbank, but I'm assured the semen tanks are intact and have all the semen that had been stored at FP.

Gerry has been fantastic, and been in constant touch.

spinning in little circles here !

fifi

At present a friend is on the phone right now trying to track down two unreplaceable viles....not happy at all, very very unproffesional and she will be devestated if its not found or its unusable...

:confused::( I hope they are found and have been stored correctly MM, its the most unproffesional company closure /windown I've ever seen.

If I hadn't seen the hooha on ozshow and here, I'd have just kept thinking ours was at Laidly and paid the storage...none the wiser.

what a shite way to treat your clients / customers.

fifi

Thank you IW4ME, it is a worrying time.

No help at all from GT in VIC - They are now saying as the service was sold - basically not their problem now :-(

Now waiting for the vet in QLD to go through the files and match up data with what is HOPEFULLY in the tanks !

Missymoo, has your friend had any resolution to her search for the semen ?

This whole thing is simply not good enough, doesn't seem like anyone is accountable, Im just thankful for the new facility and the hope that ours is safely stored.

fifi