Why Does My Dog Poo Every Time I Do The "poo Patrol"?

fiveplusone

Can someone tell me if there is a reason why my dog ALWAYS does a fresh poo when I am in the garden doing what we call in our house as "the poo patrol"....walking around the garden to pick up his lovely 'presents'!

the first few times I thought it was just a fluke but I now realise that at 9+ months of age he just automatically does one when I pick them up. In fact if we are going somewhere or going for a walk and I want him to poo first I just walk around the garden with the pooper scooper and bingo, he obliges! It isn't always the same time of day either, it can be anytime.

Is this common, is there a reason? Is my dog just a little 'special"?????? :laugh:

That is so funny :laugh: My dog doesn't do that because he's generally in the house when we do the poo pick - we have to open the front gate to toss out the bag in the garbage and we don't want him running out into the front yard/road.

What I do find really annoying is that after I tie up the bag and head towards the gate, I almost always see a poo that I have somehow completely failed to see earlier :laugh: Drives me bananas. Also, our dog goes in the same area which we have named "Poo Corner" but when it's raining, he gets a bit slack and goes all over the place :mad

Luuka poos when we go to the dog park every single afternoon (well when she's not in season that is). In the first 5 mins. Without fail. Someone told me it's because she's running around and it gets the bowels moving :laugh:

Other than that, she goes in the same area of the yard at - you guessed it - poo patrol time.

My cats do the exact same thing. As soon as we change their litter trays, they both do number 2's straight away. I swear they do it deliberately as the other day one of them squeezed out this tiny blob, just so she could dirty my clean tray lol.

AHAHAHA. I couldn't help but laugh :( I can just imagine Hugo going (in a crazy evil villain type voice) "Ha, she thinks she's get em all, bout HERES ANOTHER! MUAHAHAH" lol. At least you're already there to pick it up :laugh: What would be bad is if he waited until you were finished and back inside to do it... rofl. Now THAT would suck! :(

I do a pick up before I mow the lawn and the GR i had waited until I was half way through then poo where I hadnt mowed. I swear she did it ever time

Lynda

ahaha :laugh: That'd drive me bonkers!!

Can someone tell me if there is a reason why my dog ALWAYS does a fresh poo when I am in the garden doing what we call in our house as "the poo patrol"....walking around the garden to pick up his lovely 'presents'!

the first few times I thought it was just a fluke but I now realise that at 9+ months of age he just automatically does one when I pick them up. In fact if we are going somewhere or going for a walk and I want him to poo first I just walk around the garden with the pooper scooper and bingo, he obliges! It isn't always the same time of day either, it can be anytime.

Is this common, is there a reason? Is my dog just a little 'special"?????? :laugh:

seems it not just your dog thats 'special' :(