Ruger Has Lymphoma :(

Miss Squish

Quick update on Ruger... I wasnt expecting results so soon but hes now in Remission ! :laugh: Hes responded to his chemo treatments so well that I havent noticed any changes in him at all :D

So glad I made the right choice for him and his cancer was found so early, fingers crossed hes around for a long time yet ;)

That's fantastic news Miss Squish! Go Ruger! :laugh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Just an update as its been awhile since Ruger finished his chemo :D

Not much to report as he is going great... only the one day of vomiting after his treatment but that was it, still the big happy boofhead hes always been. Definately worth going ahead with the chemo to have my boy still happy and here with me :thumbsup:

May be nothing?? but after he was diagnosed with cancer I realised Asia had been sniffing the back of his knees, where the lymph nodes are, a lot during the weeks prior and trying to cuddle in close to him which was out of character for her... she has just started again to sniff, cuddle and whimper when close to him. Although he sees fine he will be off to the vet soon for a check as I have no doubt by her behaviour that he may be unwell again :(

MS I agree that you should get him off to the vet. One thing that I noticed more than anything else since Ollie was dxd with MCT was how other dogs reacted towards him.

Good luck I hope he he is still in remission and it lasts a very long time

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update as its been awhile since Ruger finished his chemo :D

Not much to report as he is going great... only the one day of vomiting after his treatment but that was it, still the big happy boofhead hes always been. Definately worth going ahead with the chemo to have my boy still happy and here with me :thumbsup:

May be nothing?? but after he was diagnosed with cancer I realised Asia had been sniffing the back of his knees, where the lymph nodes are, a lot during the weeks prior and trying to cuddle in close to him which was out of character for her... she has just started again to sniff, cuddle and whimper when close to him. Although he sees fine he will be off to the vet soon for a check as I have no doubt by her behaviour that he may be unwell again :(

How did you go MS? How is Ruger doing?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister's dog was diagnosed with lymphoma at age 8 as well. She was Stage 4 or 5 when my sister got her to the vet - with hardly any symptoms. My sister decided to give chemo a try, and Tara is out of remission now and back to her old self. I'd definitely recommend chemo after seeing how well my sister's dog did. :)

Glad your Ruger is better!

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would update as Ive been following DerRottweilers thread about Bisons Lymphoma & chemo treatment :crossfingers: Hope he does as well as Ruger has!!

Ruger is doing GREAT :thumbsup: Hes not had an off day for months now, still the same huge boofy boy he always was, and still bounding around like a pup even though he will be 9 this year!!

I really didnt think he would still be here now, even after chemo, buts its given us so much extra time together and there is no sign at all of him slowing down :cheer::dancingelephant::happydance:

I need to take some new photos of Ruger, so will get some soon and post them :)

A great big happy birthday to Ruger, I can't believe it has been so long. I was just thinking about him when I saw you a few days ago. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wave: hotpaws!! I just worked out who you are!!

Sorry I have been so busy with work, my dogs & the rescue dogs I forgot to check into Rugers thread earlier :(

How is your sister dog, Tara, doing Rachiie??

• 1 month later...

How is your Ruger travelling along?? Best wishes for him! Never thought our Struppie could be sick, till I found his enlarged lymph nodes. Tomorrow, he will brave third chemo therapy for Lymphoma.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting on a diagnosis on my Rotty NellieRose on Monday, Miss Squish your thread has given me hope. Thankyou.. I am of course hoping so hard the lymph node in her neck is only something minor, not the vets opinion though.:confused:

I am waiting on a diagnosis on my Rotty NellieRose on Monday, Miss Squish your thread has given me hope. Thankyou.. I am of course hoping so hard the lymph node in her neck is only something minor, not the vets opinion though.:confused:

Hope it is minor.

But even if it is Lymphoma, Chemo is super effective in fighting it. By and large it seems the Rottweilers do well on it, makes sense given that they're pretty tough dogs.