Zoom, Zoom, Fight!

Kirislin

Tag and Puck playing at the park, Feather joins in too but when the boys get a bit rough at the end watch little Feather make a hasty retreat. They weren't serious, I just yelled at them to cut it out and they did, it sounds worse than it was.

Nothing like a good punch up to top off a run in the park. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32012294@N02/4883720558/

Yep, they're pretty fast, and those boys aren't especially fast for whippets. Until recently their mum Penny could run them down, and little Feather could beat them in a straight line too. I've had whippets for over 25 years now, and I still never tire of watching them run.

Thanks for looking.

Yep, they're pretty fast, and those boys aren't especially fast for whippets. Until recently their mum Penny could run them down, and little Feather could beat them in a straight line too. I've had whippets for over 25 years now, and I still never tire of watching them run.

Thanks for looking.

I loved watching them run, great video and Feathers retreat, sensible girl. :o Marianne

speaking of how fast they are, I read in a newspaper article recently about how there's a whippet that raced a racing greyhound and beat it, tried to remember the name of the guy but it's now escaped me, kept meaning to mention it earlier :confused:

ah a quick google and I found the article: Turbo

:confused:

speaking of how fast they are, I read in a newspaper article recently about how there's a whippet that raced a racing greyhound and beat it, tried to remember the name of the guy but it's now escaped me, kept meaning to mention it earlier :confused:

:confused:

Yep, I know that bloke, I used to race with that club at Tooradin. It looks like the greyhound is retired so I am guessing it might have been a slow one. Good publicity for the club though, I hope it generates alot of interest for them.

Wow they are impressive!!! I could watch them run for ages

Linda I would love to come and photography them one day if im allowed?... and if I can focus fast enough! :confused:

Bec, you'd be most welcome to come and take pics of them. We're having another whippet fun day next month, at this stage planned for Saturday Sept 18th. You are welcome to come along to that or did you mean you wanted to take pics of mine. I dont usually take them to our fun days 'cause I am busy with helping to run the day. Let me know either way.

Wow they are impressive!!! I could watch them run for ages

Linda I would love to come and photography them one day if im allowed?... and if I can focus fast enough! :dancingelephant:

Bec, you'd be most welcome to come and take pics of them. We're having another whippet fun day next month, at this stage planned for Saturday Sept 18th. You are welcome to come along to that or did you mean you wanted to take pics of mine. I dont usually take them to our fun days 'cause I am busy with helping to run the day. Let me know either way.

Ooh the whippet fun day would be good. From memory its near Healesville yeah?

• 1 year later...

:Clicking Mad:

That article is funny. The paper makes a great deal of his name, Turbo Charger,named after the owners car but in the first paragraph, the paper calls him Super Charger. I'm not sure if the journo knows less about cars or dogs.

Lucky, for me, I didn't name my dogs after my cars or else one of my first dogs would have been call Piece of S***

That zooming was fun to watch but the fight at the end suggests somebody didn't like being beaten in the race....