Wondering If Its The Same

jaymatt

Thanks Amstaff4me... I was just wondering as they a different breed.. although very similar if it was acceptable in the American Staff....

I have noticed a few litter adds stating , Aust Champ.. etc as sire of a litter claiming he is blue.. and different notices saying the bitch is blue...I guess what I am wondering is , that judges must have place them and awarded them to obtain their Ch title :eek:

I met a man with a blue dog at the dog park the other day, he said he was an Australian Champion.... lovely dog but couldn't help but wonder.

*bump*

You have me curious now jaymatt.I know blue is not breed standard but I never even thought about the blue (supposedly) Aust Ch you see advertised etc. So is it possible that a blue can be awarded in the ring (become an Aust Ch) or are the owners telling porkie pies?

Blue is an acceptable colour in the SBT breed standard but then it says dogs should have black pigment which blue dogs do not so that means they're not to breed standard so it's all very confusing.

For Am Staffs, the issue is addressed in the breed standard extension. While the standard calls for a black nose, the agreed ANKC standard extension notes that it is now known that a blue dog cannot have a black nose. The extension also notes that blue dogs have long been acceptable in the breed - so the nose for a blue is req'd to be dark charcoal, dark enough to appear to an observer as black, even though genetically it can't be true black. So you can certainly have Champion blue Am Staffs under that standard (I don't have Am Staffs - just interested in colour genetics).

Edited by Diva

Thanks Diva. I understand it now, thankyou. :thumbsup: Glad I bumped it, learn something new everyday . :(

Took three attempts to spell check that one sentence, think I need some shut eye, night all.

ETA: Diva-Copying your post for future reference to explain to OH, thankyou for putting it in simple terms (way too late at night for the actual standard extracts), Thankyou.

Edited by julzjc

I saw an ad on a certain website that has lots of BYB's, and one person was advertising blue amstaff pups, no papers, from BY breeder, asking $1700 :p per pup. :laugh::laugh:

That is more than a lot of quality pedigree pups of many breeds sell for.

:o

bella was $1500 from a registered breeder with limited registration which suited me as i didnt want to breed or show, it makes me angry that anyone is allowed to breed dogs especially bull breeds as they get so much bad press as it is ,people should only be allowed to buy from registered and ethical breeders who screen any potential owners not some clown in the trading post or other outlets .

bella was $1500 from a registered breeder with limited registration which suited me as i didnt want to breed or show, it makes me angry that anyone is allowed to breed dogs especially bull breeds as they get so much bad press as it is ,people should only be allowed to buy from registered and ethical breeders who screen any potential owners not some clown in the trading post or other outlets .

Well we are registered breeders only breed on average every couple of years, all our dogs are health tested before breeding and they do not get bred from before they are three years old or health tested. Ours do not get sold in pet shops and we bred first and foremost for our selves and we are showers so we breed something to show. We do advertise in the news papers and on our web page, how else are we meant to sell our pups ?? Believe me half the idiots dont get pass the phone call. So yes ethical breeders do at times advertise in news papers, as we dont have a waiting list. Ours are American Staffordshire Terriers. You dont want to know how many people that come to training with non papered dogs they have gotten from a pet shop or the so call breeder has not given the paper work over.

I think its great when I see registered breeders advertising in newspapers and online alongside BYBers - hopefully it gives someone who doesnt know the difference between BYBers and registered breeders the opportunity to find out why buying a registered dog is best.