'glyde For Dogs' - Arthritis Treatment

Hi,

I'm just curious to know if anyone has tried a product called 'Glyde'? If so, is it a product that you would recommend? It's quite expensive so would love to hear from anyone's experience before I try it. Can it be used for early stages of Arthritis as a preventative or is it really just for dogs with advanced arthritis?

Yup all my 4 BC's are on it for about 18 months.

It works out with my lot to about $2 per day.

It is the only product on the market that has Glucosamine Hydrochlorid, Green lipped mussels and Condroiton sulphate all in 1 product. I tried getting this in human form as I have bad knees and ankles from years of dancing and you can't get it in human form. It saves a lot of stuffing around figuring out the dosage rates for tablets and pills.

I just mix it over the top of their food with a little bit of water to make a slurry, mine love it. :)

You just need to shop around on line and you will get it cheaper than buying it from your vet. :laugh:

I havent heard of this product so cant give advice. however my 10 year old GSD is on Vets All Natural joint formula and have had great success - no more limping. Have tried sashas blend but didnt work for my girl.

My Rotty has been on this for over a year now and she does very well on it. She has quite mild arthritis and it's quite effective for her. I recently switched over to Joint Guard because the Glyde was out of stock, but I do prefer Glyde as it has all 3 ingredients in it and seems to work better for my dog. It smells a bit fishy, but we mix it in with a bit of water into her food - she slurps it all up!

I think I will switch back to Glyde once my Joint Guard runs out. ;)

I have been using it with my badly Arthritic Sheltie for the last 10 Months. It has made a an improvement ( this dog was days away from being PTS). I buy from an online stockist and it is substantially cheaper than the vets at around $82 plus delivery. If you want the stockist please feel free to PM me for the details. I was charged over $120 to purchase from my vet when I first started him on it.

TB

My lab has been on this for over a year. She also has zydax and I give her the glucosamine chews as well.....she thinks they are lollies!!! The glyde stinks but I am happy with all the products that she is on. She is not quite 4 and all of what we do for her is preventative as she does have hip dyslpasia and a partly torn cruitiate ligament in her knee.

We feed our old farm dogs (Kelpies) Kelp, we found it helped them with any stiffness it had in the joints .. Our old kelpie Zac would ran around playing with the younger pups and would come out and help with sheep work out in the paddocks no problem (just to point out he was about 15 years old and still doing this..)

Its something we feed our horses for the same reason.

Its not that expensive so even if it doesnt work out for you your not paying heaps of money for it.. you can buy it from stock feeds. :provoke: