K9 Pro - Leashes

Alfie02

Hi everyone,

So I have fallen in love with the K9 pro leather leashes and collars, they look so beautiful and look as if they are excellent quality. Upon looking at their web site there is 30% off the Standard Leash range. So I am thinking this might be the time to actually get one ;) . I was just wondering, from the two styles of standard leashes, which one out of the General Duty Rivetted Leash and General Duty Braided leash would be the strongest or most reliable, or would they be very similar?

I have both leads but much prefer the standard lead especially for the stronger dogs, makes handling then so much easier. The standard lead is more comfortable and soft in the hand but very strong. Well worth the money and I would not bother buying any other lead - I am sold on them and recommend them to anyone wanting a comfortable quality lead.

I have 2 premium leather leashes (4ft and 6ft) and 2 6ft grippy leashes. Of all of them I LOVE the grippy leash with the 4 rows of rubber.

Personally I'd go for the rivetted if you want a stronger leash. Email K9 Pro and I'm sure he will point you in the right direction ;)

ReadySetGo is talking about my two muts and their K9 leads. I absolutely love them for a two main reasons,

1/ They are very comfortable to hold

2/ They just will not break, full stop.

The only negative I can think off is they may be too heavy for puppies or smaller breeds. I think Readysetgo made that comment a while back when she used to walk one of mine as a pup with K9 lead. The weight tends to pull the dog to one side slightly if you dont hold the lead correctly.

You can get them direct from the usa if you like, similar leashes are available at leerburg.com. You can also google amish leather leashes and you will find quite a few places selling them. You can also get the matching leather collars if you like the look of the old school dog collars.

EDIT for clarity

Edited by Roo

Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I might go for the riveted one, if its the stronger of the two (plus my OH thinks the braided one is too 'girly' :) ).

Im actually really excited after all the excellent reviews :thumbsup: !

I have a really thin braided one for trialling that would be fine for a puppy, it's not heavy at all - although you could always go the rubber impregnated grippy leash if you wanted some really light weight.