Anyone In Need Of A Cheap Crate?

Red Fox

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv just bought 2 of the huge size ones. I really wanted one blue and a red for my two new boys but since they only have blue, thats what I got, too cheap to pass up.

Thanks for posting the link, Ive been thinking of getting soft crates for ages for the boys. So I bought 2 for the price I would have paid for one, Im very happy!

They are surprisingly light arent they! I'm trying to upload a photo or two but my phone/camera is behaving badly.

Meanwhile - can anyone tell me what the extra loose strap is for????

Do you mean the black webbing type strap? It's a leash attachment - you loop the velcro bit around the top bar of the internal frame and clip it to the dogs collar.

I just ordered the super large one for the whippets! :(

Was attempting to discuss with OH which size etc, he just shrugged and went meh, that's your department. Get whatever you want!

Hmmm.............tempting! :o

You'll fit a dozen Whippets in one of those crates :hug:

I don't know what the extra strap is for either Spotty - maybe to shrow it over your shoulder? :)

Ah thanks secretkei. I don't think I'll use that tho - my dogs would just pull the whole thing along with them hahahaha

Me either, well not unless the crate was pegged down. I can just see my dog flying along with crate in tow :laugh:

Hey - would you use these in a car - do you think its tough enough to hold a dog in an accident?

Or would you use a wire-frame cage (in lieu of a proper car barrier)?

I wouldn't. Unless you could secure it down somehow it could easily tip over with the dog inside and it wouldn't offer much protection in an accident either.

Better off with a car harness attached to a child restraint bolt (or seatbelt) :laugh: