Dog Crates

first timer

Which one? :crossfingers:

I have

Steel crate - bought 2nd hand when Kei was a pup (advertised on DOL classies)

C-Crate (AP7)

K9+ Royale2 (soft crate)

MASSIVE Soft crate from TopBuy (on it's way)

The ones on Topbuy look like good value - although its hard to tell quality from a photo...

Yep they are :rofl: I do prefer the K9+ crates but the ones from TopBuy are very decent quality for the price you pay.

eta: they are the same as the soft crates that Vebo Pet sell

Edited by SecretKei

Thanks guys :laugh:

Do you think I could use one of these

http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Lightwe...Away-p14748.htm

with a lab puppy?

Until he works out he can walk out after he rips it apart with his teeth or toenails :rofl:

yeah I'd say the same thing :laugh:

Soft crates are great for older dogs and dogs who are already crate trained but I wouldn't be game to use one on a pup. Well not unless you are planning on doing some pretty intense crate training from the get-go anyway.

Steel crates are heavy but sooooo much easier to clean if (no when) puppy decides to puke in it, or if they have an accident. And more peace of mind knowing that puppy wont eat it's way out the minute you turn your back :rofl:

first timer, I'd recommend a wire crate for crate training your Lab puppy. Will cost you less money in the long run :rofl: I now have moved to soft crates as they are easier to cart around, because I crate trained with a wire one. But if I get a puppy in the future, regardless of breed, I will be bringing out the wire one again until the pup is calm and at ease in their crate, even on outings.

I got my wire one practically brand new out of the local paper for $50, was a bargain :laugh: The woman sold it cos her dog didn't like it (she obviously didn't perservere with the training :rofl:) Then I bought my first soft crate from ebay, Puppy Power I think it was :laugh: Very sturdy crate! I am thinking of buying a 2nd one from topbuy as they are about half the price I paid for my better quality one.

I just recieved mine from Topbuy. It is fabulous, I got the largest one, huge and looks really great. My bitch is asleep in it already even though her other crate is opened for her. :laugh:

I also bought my 36" from Vebo, excellent quality, really good price I thought.

Really big soft crate from Topbuy for around $60 (also on it's way!!) :laugh:

Good to know the quality is reasonable SecretKei

This will be my dogs first crate but I don't intend "locking" them in. I've got it as a way of helping Tango stay warm at night. Thought I might as well grab it while it was cheap. :laugh:

A metal crate is on my list. Probably from somewhere like Crazy sales as they are cheaper.