Schutzhund In Qld

Hi, I'm interested in getting involved with schutzhund training with my ridgeback X dog, I know there is a club at the gold coast that does it. I was wondering if anyone knew whether they have breed restrictions before I ask about attending a session? Thanks!

For the "C" section the dog has to be purebred and one of the breeds eligible for Schutzhund under FCI rules.

Ridgebacks are not one of the breeds eligible.

Some clubs allow people to train and compete in the obedience and tracking sections with other breeds, you'd have to ask though.

As far as I know the gold coast club and also the club that trains in Nundah in Brisbane both allow all breeds to train with them but I think there are restrictions on competition (particularly the bite work).

ah ok, I wasn't planning on competition, just to be able to train with people who also train their dogs in drive rather than just exchanging food. Is there a club that trains in Brisbane? Are they part of the gold coast club? I just looked up the schutzhund australia website and they've just got some contact details for the gold coast one

if you're just after drive training then contact the clubs directly, they should be able to let you know or point you to a trainer/school who does.

Try and get your hands on some Ivan Balabanov DVDs they're awesome !

There are two clubs in Brisbane and one on the gold coast that I'm aware of. The Brisbane Sporting Dog Club (google it for their website) definitely allow all breeds to train with them and I've been told the Gold coast club allows other breeds to train with them as well. The other club in Brisbane (can't remember their name) does not allow other breeds.