Worming Tablet Question

ricey

What if I dont have worms and i take it..will it harm me?

One last question...... (Cause im really considering getting these) do they make you have to use the bathroom frequently?  I need to know when it's safe to take them  :thumbsup:

thanks

Some people do react as you can to anything.... I've never had any sort of reaction... but I do know that some people can get nausea... I think they are more likely to constipate you but am not sure....

You can probably do a check on line for an ingredients and reactions list.....

Dan

Forgot: they wont hurt you if you don't have worms..... unless, of course you do get some nausea or something from them :p

Edited by zayda_asher

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is so gross, but it is important. There is a combantrin that just does round worm, and one that also does hookworm and tapeworm. Don't take combantrin on an empty stomach.

You do not need to check your stool for worms. Symptoms that you may have worms include an itchy bum at night, and teeth grinding at night. At night, the worms come out of your bum to lay their eggs, that is what causes the itchyness.

Just take the wormer, and wash all the bed linen and towels on the one day, so you get rid of any worm eggs. Scrub under the fingernails if you have been scratching your itchy bum.

This is all too gross to even think about, so if you have dogs, just worm them, and yourself and your family, and don't go searching through stools or anything else that may be unpleasant.

• 1 year later...

The chemist wormers only do a few worms (like only tapeworm). Humans can have up to 300 varieties of worms so it needs broad spectrum wormer like the member above who mentioned wormwood & black walnut. Also cloves. Worms hate these NATURAL ingredients so it's safer to go this way.

Checkout curezone.com for human solutions.

So if you are around pets you should be worming yourself properly as we eat meat that is uncooked etc from where we get worms.

Also pumpkin seed are anti-parasitic.

Yo

I worm myself once a year and I have a tetanus shot every three to four years.

When I was doing Animal Technology,the vets told us when you work with animals,tetanus should be every 3 to 4 years and every 10 years if you don't work or have animals. :)

ive heard from several doctors that having the Tetanus shot can actually build up your immunity to the shot and so it stops working.

I too work with animals and only have it every 5 or more years because of this.

edited cause i cant spell.

Edited by shmoo

I worm myself every few months just as a precautionary and because I work with animals. I have been using Vermox as it does Hookworm and I was told by the people at the pharmacy that Combantrim doesn't do hookworm.

I figure its better to be safe than sorry - one of the nurses at work got Hookworm and was quite sick from it so I definately don't want to go there!!

When I was doing Animal Technology,the vets told us when you work with animals,tetanus should be every 3 to 4 years and every 10 years if you don't work or have animals.

wow...I didn't know that one. I'm at about 6 years for my tetnus shot. The shelter asked me about it before I started working there, they wont let you if it's over 10 years. Maybe I should get a booster soon since I'm around other peoples (or nobodys) dogs all the time.

I wont ever go and get a tetnus shot "just because" I got one when i first started work, 4 years ago, when i cut my foot i told her i was uptodate, she said she didnt care, even if i had one yesterday, i would still be getting one today - so be as up to date as possible, cut yourself, and you get other one - I was also told that they last was longer then 10 years?

This topic is so gross, but it is important. There is a combantrin that just does round worm, and one that also does hookworm and tapeworm. Don't take combantrin on an empty stomach.

You do not need to check your stool for worms. Symptoms that you may have worms include an itchy bum at night, and teeth grinding at night. At night, the worms come out of your bum to lay their eggs, that is what causes the itchyness.

Im printing that out and sticking it on my fridge, might stop me eating everytime i read it :)

Damn, I don't want to take a human worming tablet....what if I do have worms and that is what is keeping me from putting on weight LOL

*squirms* @ itchy bum because the worms come out at night....ewww!