Man Charged Over Puppy Fraud

Quickasyoucan

National breaking news Man charged over puppy fraud

POLICE have charged a Gold Coast man who allegedly scammed $100,000 out of potential buyers for pure-bred British bulldog pups.

Police allege the man ripped off dozens of customers, none of whom ever saw the pups they ordered online or got refunds for deposits of thousands of dollars.

The 41-year-old from Pacific Pines was arrested on Wednesday after an investigation by Coomera detectives into complaints from around Australia and overseas.

The man is due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on September 28 on numerous fraud offences and a dangerous drug charge.

It's believed the fraud charges cite a total of more than $100,000.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/natio...1#ixzz0yFuEdeBn

ETA: I believe this person has been the subject of previous threads here.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they havent mention his name any where but i did find this:

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/0...court-news.html

COOMERA detectives have arrested a 41-year-old Pacific Pines man after an ongoing investigation into several complaints of fraud involving the alleged sale of pure breed British bulldogs.

The man is facing a number of fraud offences and a possession of a dangerous drug charge.

He is expected to appear at the Southport Magistrates Court on September 28.

Anyone with any further information which could assist police should contact their local police station or Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

See he owes his landlord $25,000 too. :thumbsup:

and a dangerous drug charge (not sure what that means exactly thought it was normally possession of a controlled substance).

Shame that DOL is mentioned the way it is, to me it almost implies they were the only source of the online advertising, but maybe that's my interpretation.

"umm what just bit me on the ass?" "oh it is just Karma, where have you been I've been expecting you!"

:thumbsup:

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH! Love it!

Thank god he finally was caught out, lets just hope all involved get their share...

lets hope all who were scammed report it to the police

Honest question - if he owes $x in rent etc what are the chances of the duped people getting any compensation from him?

not much i think. that is another reason they should all go to the police. even if they dont get their money back he will get a harsher punishment if he has scammed more people.

at the moment i read they think there is 30 people affected.