Wandering Dog Update 14/12/2010

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Shepherd Rescue has been notified that a White Shepherd male is wandering around in Tullamarine Melbourne

If anyone has the ability to help us catch him please contact Jan on 0437570650.

i live there, when i finish work I'll do a drive around :laugh:

Edited by bertandsally

White Shepherd Rescue has been notified that a White Shepherd male is wandering around in Tullamarine Melbourne

If anyone has the ability to help us catch him please contact Jan on 0437570650.

i live there, when i finish work I'll do a drive around :D

thankyou, apparently he is very frightened and thin.

oh! it just occured to me, I've seen this dog before :laugh:

Edited by bertandsally

drove all around tullamarine, round gladstone park and no sign of puppy :laugh:

will do another drive around later with OH when all the factories close- that area is full of them and someone might be holding them with them for the day and dog might reappear once everyone is gone.

Edited by bertandsally

someone called jan earlier and they spotted him this arvo but ran off in fear. We have a few more helping tomorrow, but still need help with a plan on this one and possibly man power. please call jan or click on the link below to email.

Thanks B and S for taking the time :laugh:

we'll head off in about an hour for another look- armed with tasty treats.

I am sure I have seen this dog before, almost positive :rofl:

sorry we cant help tomorrow, we have dog obedience and a family function ;)

Thanks so much, Jan wont be back til Sunday night but I am around. If you need to ring me I'm not far away. GSD's saw him this afternoon and one of our waiting list people is going to help Sunday night. Thanks :(

we're off now, bright flash lights at the ready and OH is even bringing the night vision goggles :rofl:

can you pm me your number, just in case? we dont really have the set up here to keep a stray dog, tho we could leave him in our backyard overnight if need be (there is shelter and a kennel).

have to catch him/her first tho!

we're off now, bright flash lights at the ready and OH is even bringing the night vision goggles :rofl:

can you pm me your number, just in case? we dont really have the set up here to keep a stray dog, tho we could leave him in our backyard overnight if need be (there is shelter and a kennel).

have to catch him/her first tho!

yep, I will sort something out and certainly dont want to put you or your dogs at risk.

well we drove around for around 1/2 an hour. we found her, hiding in the yard of sign factory

OH was leaning out the window going 'pup pup pup' and up she popped. looks very dirty and frightened.

she seemed to want to come but then took off behind the factories and we didnt stand a chance. ;)

we will go back tomorrrow night with some really smelly food, we have a bit of a plan we want to try.

poor thing, its so cold and rainy i so wanted to catch her :rofl:

Edited by bertandsally

:rofl: poor thing, do you think its definately a WGSD? (obviously doesnt matter the breed to rescue)

If she is living in a drain, with 100ml predicted I hope she can find camp in a dry spot ;)

If you can send me your number OH is home tonight for the kids so I can help.

Edited by Chewbacca

:thumbsup: poor thing, do you think its definately a WGSD? (obviously doesnt matter the breed to rescue)

If she is living in a drain, with 100ml predicted I hope she can find camp in a dry spot :rofl:

If you can send me your number OH is home tonight for the kids so I can help.

from the look of her (and i am no expert) she looks exactly like the wgsd I have seen at the dog park. even has the sloping back.

she appeared to be sleeping undercover under some debris so i dont think she is sleeping in a drain. think we frightened her out of her sleep.

i'll pm you my number a bit later, not sure what time we will get around there. will probably be around dinner time or even later.

now to find the smelliest food we can :eek:

Hey Bertandsally, is the dog a she? and is it a cream colour or white?

There is one that gets walked around here often, but I think the one I see around here may be a boy, and is more of a cream colour. The area you are speaking of is very close to here.

Edited by sumosmum

Update from GSD's in breed sub forum

Just back from the search. Man !!!! What an adventure. We wore gum boots & wet weather gear because it rained over night & there's a constant drizzle out. Got down the bottom of the embankment & I notice some dog poos that weren't there yesterday. One old(ish) & one fresh (this morning I'd say). So I thought "He's been here recently & he's obviously had something to eat." OH walked one way, I went the other. On my walk, I noticed & big pile of commercial mushrooms someone had chucked down the embankment, (looks like tipped off the end of a tip truck) so that possibly answers the food question. Lots of rain over night, so the creek is fast flowing & he's got clean water to drink.

We had been very quiet today, because he seemed to get spooked & was a total no show after he first nicked off when we constantly called him yesterday. We were just about to go & OH called out to him. Across the creek, there was this cut off roof from a car ... and out he popped !!! He didn't run in fright, but trotted off in the tall undergrowth. I stayed on one side of the creek in case he came back over & OH crossed over to search for him. He's pretty penned in due to the high cyclone fencing, but the area is quite huge & he's as cunning as a sh!t house rat because he's clearly got all his hidey holes worked out for a quick escape from the humans.

We searched & searched for what seemed like forever & at one stage, I thought I'd just pop over the creek & give OH a hand in case we could box him in. Misjudged this "itty bitty" creek didn't I & before I knew it ..... up to my frilly bits in water. Didn't make over the other side & sloshed about trying to spot him.

So anyway, he's still there & looks in pretty good shape. OH says it looks like he's made a good shelter under the car roof, so if nothing else, he's given away one of his hiding spots & it will be a good place to start searching from. Just 2 people isn't going to get this boy due to how quick he is & how tall the growth is. We'll either need a team of people or else a bitch on heat if he's still entire. He's made himself right at home & he's not ready to surrender himself just yet. I'm, glad it's raining ATM. With the height of that growth & the nearby creek, I'm concerned about snakes if we can't catch him if the weather heats up.

Sloshed back up the embankment & when I got back to the car, watched for cars while I stripped from the waist down & rode home with the dog's park towel wrapped around my waist. As I said .... what an adventure !!

Sumos Mum has put signs up and is offering to help with her older daughter.

Thanks guys