Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should give some thought to what he might need. It's been years since I had a pup - that would be Miss Pepper. She wrecked one of my favourite dolls I've had since I was 2 (ran off up the corridor and out the back door with housemates standing around unhelpfully yelling "The spotty dingos got your baby!!!") :) and the inside plastic parts of my food processor. :)

:):laugh: :D Oh lordy, he hasn't even arrived and the stories are coming. What a treat we are in for !!!

Hmmmm Hunter is good. I don't know that he'd be used to his name yet so it might not matter if he has a new name that sounds like his old one or not.

I figure a name might jump out at me when I see him.

I also have to try not to get too excited in case Tango doesn't react well. I don't think there'll be a problem but I can't rule it out yet.

There's another key that he did not come from a registered breeder or is not registered and was sold on. If he were from a registered breeder initially, he would have been microchipped prior to being TCA registered.

So we are definitely looking for a BYBer it would seem.

I guess I should give some thought to what he might need. It's been years since I had a pup - that would be Miss Pepper. She wrecked one of my favourite dolls I've had since I was 2 (ran off up the corridor and out the back door with housemates standing around unhelpfully yelling "The spotty dingos got your baby!!!") :) and the inside plastic parts of my food processor. :)

:):laugh: :D Oh lordy, he hasn't even arrived and the stories are coming. What a treat we are in for !!!

:) Glad they entertain someone 'sides meself LOL

I have some puppy pics of Pepper somewhere but darnded if I can find them. These are the closest I've got. She wasn't fully grown but not a little puppy. I think she's about 9 months old in them. The other two dogs have now gone over the bridge in the last 2 years.

post-10457-1283992958_thumb.jpg

post-10457-1283993112_thumb.jpg

This is what Pepper misses :) All those cuddles. These three almost never slept separately.

There's another key that he did not come from a registered breeder or is not registered and was sold on. If he were from a registered breeder initially, he would have been microchipped prior to being TCA registered.

Ahhhh - is that since it became compulsory here? Or has that been the case for a while.

ETA When I spoke to the owner he said when he picked up Scruffy from the breeder he was covered in fleas and filthy - that's probably another clue :) My dogs rarely have any problem with fleas!

He also said he took the pup to a pet shop to find out what to do about the fleas and they "took him out the back and sprayed him with something" to get rid of the fleas. :) I've never heard of such a thing. I wish I knew what they sprayed the poor fella with.

Edited by spottychick

Ahhhh - is that since it became compulsory here? Or has that been the case for a while.

It has been compulsory to microchip for a year or so now. Not ALL dogs, that comes in in July NEXT year, but certainly for TCA registration all puppies must be chipped or they won't be registered.

Hmmmm Hunter is good. I don't know that he'd be used to his name yet so it might not matter if he has a new name that sounds like his old one or not.

I also have to try not to get too excited in case Tango doesn't react well. I don't think there'll be a problem but I can't rule it out yet.

I agree. Sometimes a name pops into your head when you know you are going to pick up a dog, but generally it is good to wait and see.

But just for fun . . . . .

Pepper is a spice

Tango is a dance

Rumba is a spicy dance - LOL.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I agree. Sometimes a name pops into your head when you know you are going to pick up a dog, but generally it is good to wait and see.

Pepper is a spice

Tango is a dance

LOL MM - I hang out on a forum full of dance-sport enthusiasts (I am not a dancer tho) so they would love that!!! They were partly responsible for Tangos name as it was one in a list I gave them and they voted for it.

It has been compulsory to microchip for a year or so now. Not ALL dogs, that comes in in July NEXT year, but certainly for TCA registration all puppies must be chipped or they won't be registered.

Oh ok, I thought it became compulsory THIS year LOL. They must be gearing up for it. I was walking my dogs a few weeks ago and was accosted (in a friendly way) by the local Council Ranger (I've just moved here) who asked if my dogs were registered here. I said not yet and he told me about the vet doing discounted microchipping in Sept. He suggested I wait till then and get them registered after that because it would be cheaper. He was patting my dogs and told me about the golden retriever he had in the back of his van who is constantly running loose in the town. He said he knows the owner and he's reluctant to take action but "this can't keep happening!!' Apparently it's a very friendly GR :) "A lovely dog" is how the ranger described it.

What a nice ranger.

EVERYTHING off the floor! Prepare for puppy invasion!

Hide all your good shoes, and get the 'no-bite' spray for dinning table legs.

And I bet Pepper can teach the puppy how to cuddle :laugh:

Our two weren't big cuddlers, they liked their own beds but would snuggle after breakfast. Now, we don't need two beds they are always snuggled with each other. It's so cute to see their squishy faces pressed together.

- Astred

Pepper is a spice

Tango is a dance

LOL MM - I hang out on a forum full of dance-sport enthusiasts (I am not a dancer tho) so they would love that!!! They were partly responsible for Tangos name as it was one in a list I gave them and they voted for it.

i agree spotty that scruffy just wouldn't fly on a dally no siree NUP but OMG moocher, i read rumba at the precise moment i was thinking rambo [because he sounds rambunctious]!!! rumba is a brilliant name AND rumba by balenciaga is my allllll time absolute favourite perfume too AND it makes bahluddy good sense given the names of the other two :laugh:

i wanna puppy too *pouts*

i agree spotty that scruffy just wouldn't fly on a dally no siree NUP but OMG moocher, i read rumba at the precise moment i was thinking rambo [because he sounds rambunctious]!!! rumba is a brilliant name AND rumba by balenciaga is my allllll time absolute favourite perfume too AND it makes bahluddy good sense given the names of the other two :rofl:

i wanna puppy too *pouts*

Awwwwwww! Wait for the puppy disaster stories - that might cure you :)

EVERYTHING off the floor! Prepare for puppy invasion!

Hide all your good shoes, and get the 'no-bite' spray for dinning table legs.

And I bet Pepper can teach the puppy how to cuddle :rofl:

Our two weren't big cuddlers, they liked their own beds but would snuggle after breakfast. Now, we don't need two beds they are always snuggled with each other. It's so cute to see their squishy faces pressed together.

- Astred

I'm sure Pepper will teach him cuddling!!! And a whole lot of other things hopefully - as for Tango - we don't want puppy learning anything from him!!!

I love to see squishy-faced dogs cuddling :)

I didn't know that. Great name :rofl:

OT, but on the name front. My first dogs were two little Maltese called, Nammu and Calypso, my name is Cynthia. I used to say that I was going to buy Optrex (eye wash which kept the dogs' faces from staining), rebottle it and market it under the name Calcynammu.

Occasionally I signed myself Calcynammu, too :):dancingelephant: