Riddick And Rover

~*Shell*~

I went for a walk with lovemesideways today and thought I would take my camera (and new lens) with me. I didn't expect to get anything special but here are some shots anyway:

Riddick

4959401287_f9ebea3014.jpg

4959993522_6637790ffa_z.jpg

4959401945_8d6f4b83dc.jpg

4959397009_23b30f79a5_z.jpg

Rover (for some reason I didn't get as many of Rover, will have to get more next time!):

4959995750_cdc21ac2fb.jpg

The boys:

4959392963_333a4fbd85.jpg

4959997992_5dbfdec0f5_z.jpg

And then of course, the obligatory shots of Zero, the off-leash sibe :eek:

4959392061_395da7649e.jpg

4959846112_c6975469bb.jpg

Edited by ~*Shell*~

beautiful photo's I love the one with them lying together and the second one

great job :eek:

I have a 70-200 f/4L and you have to be spot on with the focusing at times..I have lots of out of focus dogs and beautfilly in focus grass :laugh:

can I ask what camera body you use

Edited by Frodo's mum

They're beautiful Shell, I bet she's thrilled with them.

Hey Shell, have you seen this thread. I dont think you're on there yet.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...203980&st=0

Yeah, I'm a little reluctant to put up what I have in my kit. ;) People can pretty much see what I've got anyway if they look at what I shoot!

beautiful photo's I love the one with them lying together and the second one

great job :eek:

I have a 70-200 f/4L and you have to be spot on with the focusing at times..I have lots of out of focus dogs and beautfilly in focus grass :laugh:

can I ask what camera body you use

I'm only shooting on a 450D at the moment - hopefully I'll have the funds to buy a better body soon! I'm tossing up between a 5D mark II or a 7D. I'm finding the same issue with the 2.8 - it's a beatiful crisp lens but it goes for the subject that isn't moving rather than the one that is! Most of what I shot yesterday was on manual focus because it just annoyed me!

Edited by ~*Shell*~

:laugh: I have a 450 as well and thinking I would love a 5D mark 11 or a 7D...so I know how your feeling ;)

it's frustrating isn't it with the focus ..but I'm getting better

your photo's are just beautiful though I would be wrapped them :eek:

when I was reading up on both lens it said the 7D is not a full frame camera....what does that mean ?????

Edited by Frodo's mum

Full frame means that it's the equivalent of the 35mm film frame which means it's bigger than what you have on your 450D.

I think the sensor size on a full frame is 36mm x 24mm whereas the size of the 450D's sensor (as well as most of the other DSLRs in canon's range) are APS-C size which from memory is about 22mm x about 15mm on a canon but a bit bigger on some other cameras (like nikon). What you see on your camera, would be the middle of the photo taken on a full frame camera (like you'd cropped the sides off it) - like a rectangle (APS-C) within a rectangle (full frame) if that makes sense.

I don't explain it very well - look it up on google. Someone will be more articulate than I am!

• 2 weeks later...