Puppy Farm Awareness Rally

Nekhbet

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to try and come. Depends on OH and if he has to work or not, as we will have to drive and I have never been to Melbourne and have no idea where to park or even how to get there!

Are most people bring their dogs? I would have to bring my dobe pup. I try not to leave him alone for too long if I can help it or he gets destructive!

Not to rain on the parade or anything I don't like puppy farms and would love them to be stopped I'm just concerned that

if there is a huge turn out for this, won't the RSPCA just use it to further their campaign against breeders of dogs as a whole?

--Lhok

Not to rain on the parade or anything I don't like puppy farms and would love them to be stopped I'm just concerned that

if there is a huge turn out for this, won't the RSPCA just use it to further their campaign against breeders of dogs as a whole?

--Lhok

Are you after an award for bravery? :):):laugh:

This rally is run by ALV not RSPCA.

I have a BIG issue with puppy farms, but no issue at all with responsible, registered breeders who follow all the rules and do what is best for their dogs :)

Yep and someone had better check what THEIR definition of a puppy farmer is I think.

The rally is actually organised by Oscars Law not Animal Liberation Victoria. The organising committee is made of of 5 women from Oscar's Law and other high profile Victorian rescue groups. It has been an honour to work with these women. www.oscarslaw.org

RSPCA have jumped on board this fantastic cause and shown their support just as nearly all of the other animal welfare/dog world organisations here in Victoria. For once everyone has put their differences aside to be heard as one voice.

Edited by puggy_puggy

The rally is actually organised by Oscars Law not Animal Liberation Victoria. www.oscarslaw.org

RSPCA have jumped on board this fantastic cause and shown their support just as nearly all of the other animal welfare/dog world organisations here in Victoria. For once everyone has put their differences aside to be heard as one voice.

Great! What is the definition of a puppy farm?

Please put aside you differences and for once see the bigger picture.

We hope to see you all at the rally.

I cant imagine why any of us would have any differences but one thing I learned when I attended the round table conference with the RSPCA was that when we speak about puppy farmers not all of us are on the same page.The RSPCA now have a definition of what is a puppy farmer - Im interested to know if that is the same as the one used for the rally.

So before I throw my hat in the ring Id like to know what it is exactly that we are protesting.

Edited by Steve

Just by the by - I don't think dogs traveling on trains have to be muzzled do they?

This is from Metlink's website

Metropolitan services

Dogs on leads are permitted on metropolitan trains, but only if they are muzzled.

It is strongly advised that passengers with dogs do not travel during weekdays between 7.00 am and 9.00 am and between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm.

Dogs are not allowed on seats, are not allowed to block doorways or gangways and must be controlled by their owner at all times.

Owners must clean up any mess created by their dogs.

Small animals can travel on metropolitan trains, trams and buses, but they must be in a suitable container.

yes, thank you for that inciteful remark oakway

obviously there are issues with any reality in where 'oscar's law' was actually passed in it's current state. however, as laws rarely get through without amendments and we will never ban the sale of animals through shops (which is i think the element you have obbjections to, as i do. pushing things underground does not work) as economics speaks volumes compared to the desire for of 'moral' or 'rights' (just look at the poor gay section of society, they can't marry, which is effectively 'separate but equal' and we ALL know that didn't work for america-but members will be able to introduce private members bill's with greater ease so hopefully that issue will get more airing and discussion).

the real importance in this rally is letting those in government know that we, as a public, are concerned about this issue. and most importantly to bring the situation to the attention of those in society who may never have thought about it or even noticed it, and there are many that fit into that category. the reality is that it is easier to start a law in motion than it is to stop it, but laws rearely go through in the form the idealists originally desired.

unless you have a better, realistic, workable suggestion to the issue of puppy farming oakway, perhaps you should just take the bad with the good. nothing is perfect in life, especially to do with power and governing, and some of us are willing to sacrifice some things in order to get the more important aspects examined.

(sorry, but i've had a gutful today. i've dealt with so many people who don't give a ^ about animals and don't seem to see or believe that they are sentient beings. so if i'm ranting inapproapriately, please ignore. but i'd rather be hopeful than bitter, so i will continue to pick myself up and continue down this path.)