Chihuahua Stolen At Royal Show

Christina

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advance offered a $2000 reward for finding this prick and the owner has added another $5000 i think, poor baby boy must be sooo scared! apparently he bit the guy so thats good to hear!! Got his own back! He had won BOB earier in the day i heard??

He won challenge dog and RUBOB

Kylie is a friend of a friend in our lovely breed. apparently, im not sure whether this is true, but she asked someone to mind her dogs in the show cage and they didn't, then she went to toilet the dogs 10 metres away and someone reported having seen a man take the dog out of the cage, why didn't someone go up to him and say what are you doing, kylie shows on her own most of the time so this asian man would not have been with her so it doesn't take anyone long to realise this man wasn't with her? shame on them whoever was supposed to look after kylie's dogs and didn't./

thats the story i am getting from the show people anyway.

but i said that these days advertising on dogzonline with phone numbers, addresses sometimes and in the public arena all the time, people watch and wait, sometimes at shows i see (and i've done this myself!!!!!) the dogs are left on their own.

it is easy for a person to go up to pens, cages etc. and just pick up dogs and run away. \

i was the first chihuahua breeder in this country to go online in 1997 and since then i've witnessed trusting people put pedigree certificates scanned online for everyone to get the numbers off and use them on their mongrels.

sometimes people are too trusting still in a world thats gone mad and only thinks of greed.

that asian man might be thinking he can make alot of money on this dog, but i don't think they know that chihuahuas don't command alot of money a dog of that age, wouldn't even get $500 or maybe less if she sold it as a pet to someone fixed up............DD's get alot more money these days!!!!!!!!!!! so i don't know what that a...hole is thinking taking Kylie's dog like that.

i've heard of people at royals do some god awful things to dogs, had friends that left their dog for a minute and he got sick took to the vets and found out that someone at the Royal had feed him glass, it was in his stomach......hate showing at royals because there is just a wall of people and you really have to watch your dogs at all times, people poke at them try and pick them up etc. it can get quite hectic, at melbourne royal where i showed last year, there was just a wall of people around the show people trying to show their dogs, it was badly organised i believe, and i missed my call i couldn't get through the crowd, i had these two old ladies just ambling along, i tried to get infront of them and they swore their heads of at me asking what i was doing. well dah....it was obvious i had a dog in my arms wasn't there just for good looks.

i mean how ridiculous, now it looks like we will have to all get bloody padlocks to put on showcages while we show dogs............nowadays you can't trust anyone sadly this is the way the world is going and it sucks.

for years i've witnessed many breeders who show who just trustingly leave dogs when they are showing and anyone can if they are that way inclined go up and just take dogs and dissappear. particularly if they advertise those dogs on the internet regularly and advertise winnings and have the dogs photo on the net too.

Edited by toy dog

It just highlights the importance of supporting your co-exhibitors. Lets EVERYONE keep an eye on our fellow exhibitors belongings and precious animals. If anyone is showing alone, don't be shy.

So sad that this has happened. I hope that the little guy is returned soon.

News flash on channel 7.

A Chihuahua was stolen from its pen at today's royal show.

Police are seeking 2 men of asian appearance.

Very scary. Hope the poor dog is recovered, its owners must be frantic.

Has Harry been found yet?

it is easy for a person to go up to pens, cages etc. and just pick up dogs and run away.

I was recently at the Brisbane Exhibition in the Dogs Hall and thought exactly the same thing. I saw lots of dogs on their own, even cages of the toy ones. Whether anyone was "keeping an eye on them" I wouldn't know, but I wasn't about to test security :rofl:

That poor little boy and his poor owners :):dancingelephant: .

The thing that people who love their animals don't understand is that people like the person who took Harry simply don't care. All they care about is what they want, whether it be the actual dog or cat or other pet, or whether they think they can make money out of them.

I suppose it is a bit like being a defensive driver: you have to be on the lookout all the time for someone else who might be doing the wrong thing.

Let's us all hope that Harry will be returned safe and well.

Major fail on the 7PM Projects part, they had a good laugh about it, made horrible comments, that stupid woman said he might be better off and Charlie said he'd be happy being used for breeding.

At least Chris Brown (as much as I'm not a fan of his) made it sound more serious and it did get the word out.

Good luck, I hope he is found.

Edited by Shaar

yep, not really impressed with making such a joke of it, and amazingly, Dr Chris was the sanest comment on the segment. The one thing is at least all this publicity would be making it tough for whoever dognapped him to do anything, but hopefully they don't just dump him somewhere. They did mention on one of the stories that he was not microchipped too, which might make it harder if he is just dumped somewhere, but hopefully there is enough word to look out for a little chi that he would still be reported to the police.

Major fail on the 7PM Projects part, they had a good laugh about it, made horrible comments, that stupid woman said he might be better off and Charlie said he'd be happy being used for breeding.

At least Chris Brown (as much as I'm not a fan of his) made it sound more serious and it did get the word out.

Good luck, I hope he is found.

did they show a picture of the dog? i hope they did, we missed it damn it. but any coverage is good coverage but it was incredibly insensitive and ignorant of them to be laughing about it though. :rofl:

yep, not really impressed with making such a joke of it, and amazingly, Dr Chris was the sanest comment on the segment. The one thing is at least all this publicity would be making it tough for whoever dognapped him to do anything, but hopefully they don't just dump him somewhere. They did mention on one of the stories that he was not microchipped too, which might make it harder if he is just dumped somewhere, but hopefully there is enough word to look out for a little chi that he would still be reported to the police.

yes, i googled the interview on today and i started crying, its just awful, kylie lost her mum to cancer 2 years ago and now this......but what these people don't realise is, the dog isn't worth anything to them, on the pet market he would fetch $250 as i had a boy as pretty as him go for this amount. and he was the same not very friendly with people or kids and not used as a stud. Harry isn't a stud dog hasn't produced any puppies so they are stupid idiots if they think they are going to make money off him. some dogs will not mate and i think harry is one of those dogs just like my little boy i had to sell to a pet home.