Chihuahua Stolen At Royal Show

Christina

Yes, at the end of the little segment Chris Brown piped up and urged anyone with information to call crime stoppers.

A photo was shown along with the number and reward being offered.

Any publicity is good publicity in the end, but I was just in shock about how cruel they were being about it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, at the end of the little segment Chris Brown piped up and urged anyone with information to call crime stoppers.

A photo was shown along with the number and reward being offered.

Any publicity is good publicity in the end, but I was just in shock about how cruel they were being about it.

doesn't surprise me at all........chris brown is known as an idiot as well unfortunately among dog groups. he has an article in the womans weekly or new idea i think, picked one up a few months ago and low and behold there is a person asking a question to him about which dog breed should i get for an apartment. well he answered a DD :eek: then gave advice on how to care for it and it was just advice that would not work with dogs. can't remember what it was but really pathetic, so i wrote to him and totally chewed him out over it. telling him about shelter dogs and the over population explosion we have in this country and farms and how dare he promote Designer dogs. next thing i hear him on 7pm project promoting desexing and talking about how bad puppy farms are. lol lol

but i think he listens then corrects himself at least he is better than burke anyway. doesn't claim he knows everything and not listen.....give him that.

Edited by toy dog

i hope this poor lil dog is found safe and sound and is in his owners arms soon.

Bickmores comment saying it (the dog) would be happier not being paraded around and blowdried was stupid.

One might say to her that she indeed might be happier being ripped away from the people she loves by strangers instead of being made up blow dried and paraded every night on TV.

This little pup is cleaned and cared for and loved. On weekends it gets to go to shows and spend time with his owner - not left at home and neglected - his coat is cleaned and groomed not left to matt. Yet they made this out to be unfair?

I saw this little dog at the RAS the day he got stolen, I remember thinking what a pretty little Chi he was as I'd never seen one his colour before.

Came home to see on the news he'd been stolen, how disgusting is that. :thumbsup:

I hope he is found safe and soon.

I hope they find the poor little dog I would hate to think what might happen to him especially since he bit that creep.

I think I would have had a lock of some discription on the pen, while I was away if I was her as you can't trust anyone these days.

I couldn't understand why the owner was saying all these negative comment's about her dog unless it was to try and put the thief off , and give him back.

labove

I hope they find the poor little dog I would hate to think what might happen to him especially since he bit that creep.

I think I would have had a lock of some discription on the pen, while I was away if I was her as you can't trust anyone these days.

I couldn't understand why the owner was saying all these negative comment's about her dog unless it was to try and put the thief off , and give him back.

labove

yes but sssshhhhhhh...... :eek:

One might say to her that she indeed might be happier being ripped away from the people she loves by strangers instead of being made up blow dried and paraded every night on TV.

:rofl: the magic of television, people that don't know about that side of things get to comment about it when clearly they have no idea.

Very sad and I hope he is found, but after attending the Ekka in Brisbane a couple of times to help a friend with her show dogs, I am surprised that he was left unattended. We would never not even for a minute leave the dogs without someone watching them.

Very sad and I hope he is found, but after attending the Ekka in Brisbane a couple of times to help a friend with her show dogs, I am surprised that he was left unattended. We would never not even for a minute leave the dogs without someone watching them.

I can't imagine Kylie leaving her babies unattended, I have heard she asked someone else to watch them while she toiletted another.

I can't imagine Kylie leaving her babies unattended, I have heard she asked someone else to watch them while she toiletted another.

How sad is that, I do hope he is found I cant imagine what she is going through.

i hope this poor lil dog is found safe and sound and is in his owners arms soon.

Bickmores comment saying it (the dog) would be happier not being paraded around and blowdried was stupid.

This little pup is cleaned and cared for and loved. On weekends it gets to go to shows and spend time with his owner - not left at home and neglected - his coat is cleaned and groomed not left to matt. Yet they made this out to be unfair?

I agree with all this, too. Some stupid, ignorant people and their stupid, ignorant comments! Many of us in the dog-show world take better care of, and give more time to, our dogs, than some people do their children! As for comments on leaving the dog alone, all of us ask someone to mind our dogs for a short time whilst we go to the toilet, take our dogs to the toilet, or go for food. I have never left my own without trying to leave a trusted friend watching them, but sometimes, no-one that we know is available, so we are left to trust fellow exhibitors. This is just how it is when you are exhibiting all day. You can take your own food, but unless you are going to pee in a bottle or let your dogs mess where they lay, you will have to leave them at some stage. We don't always have a family member interested enough to help us out all day, either. I hope that if someone was asked to watch this little dog, that they feel terrible now, and I hope fervently that Harry is found safe and well. So sorry, Kylie. :)

There is also a poster that has been produced and it is going around in an email, with every recipient being asked to forward it to their contacts and to put it up on community noticeboards. It is also linked on the front page of DOL.

If anyone would like the email so you can forward it or print and put up, please PM me with your email addy & I can send it to you

Anyone know if there's any further news about this poor little guy? Been thinking about it :rofl:

Not that I know of. At the Dogs SA Open Day they had a "Find Harry" stall, and we were all given fliers and asked to letterbox drop them.

Hopefully they find him. :rofl:

thats a good idea letterbox dropping the fliers. i wish i was living near Kylie i would surely be doing this for her in that area.

This is the first i've heard about Harry, i really hope they find him and the man who took him. Dog theft is something thats always in the back of my mind and i own a crossbreed.

I've spent many hours at royals with showjumping, many times i've had to leave horses unattended in stalls while competing other horses, but normally there is someone around to watch them, i also used to padlock the stall door and leave a key with a trusted friend in case of incident while i'm gone, unfortunalty there is always the risk, maily with horses, of the general public thinking they are doing the right thing and feeding the horses, generally rubbish that they really shouldn't be eating. I solved most of these issues by putting a sign on the stall, i bite, kick, hate peole ect. It does make you horse look mean and aggressive but its effective.

Is there anything we can do as a forum for Kylie? She'd be doing it really tough right now and it may make a difference to know that we are thinking of her through this terrible time.

Edited by CJay

This is the first i've heard about Harry, i really hope they find him and the man who took him. Dog theft is something thats always in the back of my mind and i own a crossbreed.

I've spent many hours at royals with showjumping, many times i've had to leave horses unattended in stalls while competing other horses, but normally there is someone around to watch them, i also used to padlock the stall door and leave a key with a trusted friend in case of incident while i'm gone, unfortunalty there is always the risk, maily with horses, of the general public thinking they are doing the right thing and feeding the horses, generally rubbish that they really shouldn't be eating. I solved most of these issues by putting a sign on the stall, i bite, kick, hate peole ect. It does make you horse look mean and aggressive but its effective.

Is there anything we can do as a forum for Kylie? She'd be doing it really tough right now and it may make a difference to know that we are thinking of her through this terrible time.

what did you have in mind?

I agree with all this, too. Some stupid, ignorant people and their stupid, ignorant comments! Many of us in the dog-show world take better care of, and give more time to, our dogs, than some people do their children! As for comments on leaving the dog alone, all of us ask someone to mind our dogs for a short time whilst we go to the toilet, take our dogs to the toilet, or go for food. I have never left my own without trying to leave a trusted friend watching them, but sometimes, no-one that we know is available, so we are left to trust fellow exhibitors. This is just how it is when you are exhibiting all day. You can take your own food, but unless you are going to pee in a bottle or let your dogs mess where they lay, you will have to leave them at some stage. We don't always have a family member interested enough to help us out all day, either. I hope that if someone was asked to watch this little dog, that they feel terrible now, and I hope fervently that Harry is found safe and well. So sorry, Kylie. :)

well you see, to me its not making much sense, they tell me that there were exhibitors opposite, and the dog would have been writhing around in his cage trying to get away from this guy, so anyone with enough sense would realise its not his dog, so why didn't the people opposite say or do something? apparently too the gates were closed by security as soon as they'd be notified the dog was missing but they never still caught the guy he must of slipped through somewhere. apparently he was going through the crowd the dog biting him and he was yelling at people who wanted to pat the poor mite, No!! and then running away. i mean if you saw a dog biting a person you would know its not their dog???

the guy sounds like he's not all there to do this. :laugh: surely someone has seen something in their neighbors backyard though in Adelaide area? all quiet on the western front. all they would have to do is ring crimestoppers if they see anything unusual no matter now small as stated on the DogsVic website.