Litters Due November :)

Missymoo

I am taking a slightly different approach to my wheling area this time after my Brittany snuck in a attacked my last litter. I am using a very large wire crate that has its own canvas cover and making pig rails with dowling. It allows plenty of room to ove and I can use a heating pad in it too with the cord through the wire. I just bought some new vet bed as well. I just dont want any accident so even if any other bitch gets in everyone is locked away.

The crate is also big enough she can move away from babies too :laugh:

I pick her up on the 8th just incase she goes early (this is a bitch on breeders terms).

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed many breeders (smaller breeds) are using Great Dane sized crates and putting the whelping box in that.

They can also hand the heat lamp from the top as it's high enough, whilst it is still big enough for an adult to get in and attend to mum and the puppies.

I have noticed many breeders (smaller breeds) are using Great Dane sized crates and putting the whelping box in that.

They can also hand the heat lamp from the top as it's high enough, whilst it is still big enough for an adult to get in and attend to mum and the puppies.

Thats what i might do with Cynda. I bought these ages ago for my staffordsyes haha but they love to stretch out.

Had to take a couple of photo's of Kimba this morning. She is looking like she has had enough already. And she is slightly bigger than now than what she was with her first litter :D

2-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

this photo was taken the same time when she had her first litter.

litter1-5weeks3JPGresized.jpg

She had 5 in her first litter. How many do you think she is going to have this time :laugh:

The whelping box turned up last week and it's a bit big! Oh well, will fit my Aussies ok but poor Ruby will be swimming.

Just have to get a couple of last minute things and move some crap out of the spare room (which are today's plans) and we should be all set (I hope).

I think Kimba is having at least 8! Look at the belly!

8 :laugh: God I bloody hope not. I am just putting it down to a miscalculation when she is due and she is 5.5weeks and not 5 :o

Kimba is one of those girls who had to be 'in the mood' for a photoshoot. And she definately 'aint' in the mood :laugh:

Well we are around the 6 weeks mark now and talk about fussy bloody eaters. I am having trouble with both Kimba and Cynda (mainly Cynda) not wanting to eat a god dam thing. It is not as if they only get to chooes 1 thing, oh noooooo, i have just bout tried to tempt them with just about everything :cry: Have even resorted to start giving them some nutrigel and they will gladly lick that off my finger but thats about it.Kimba did eat some raw 'steak' :cry: tonight but Cynda is just not interested in anything.

Here are a couple of photos taken today. Notice the 'Not the bloody camera again' look :D

kimba-2nov016JPG-2.jpg

kimba-2nov017JPG-1.jpg

kimba-2nov015JPG-3.jpg

But then...........

1-4.jpg

Amazing the change when you have her 'toy' :cry:

Love the preggy pics!

Whippets was the one in the background trying to help? :rofl:

Ruby is eating but not whole meals and full of milk. I don't think she's got a whole lot bigger recently but she's happy and content, she actually seems to be quite enjoying the pregnancy for the moment!

Vegemite sandwiches all round- :love: At least the girls haven't gone for the 'resturant' them thismorning and have actually had the same meal 2 days running :rofl:

Ody was sure he wasn't missing out too and was waiting in line for his share :rofl:

Vegemite sandwiches all round- :love: At least the girls haven't gone for the 'resturant' them thismorning and have actually had the same meal 2 days running :rofl:

Ody was sure he wasn't missing out too and was waiting in line for his share :rofl:

that is funny, for dogs that have been offered everything that you can think of and they choose that :rofl:

oh, havent tried vegemite.

At first it was cheese that Tash went nuts over, but then it was steak :love: We've also had sardines (in tomato sauce :rofl: ) and chicken but the fav is still steak. My butcher thinks I'm nuts buying perfectly good chuck for a pregnant bitch, but she thinks its definately justified! :rofl:

I pick up my madam on Monday from where she lives. They will miss her lots Im sure. Im getting excited now, i love whelping puppies, I love seeing what you end up with!! (fingers crossed for a special boy :cheer: ) 100% set up and ready, just need to pull it all out off the dog cupboard. Gave our bedroom (whelproom) a massive springclean today so I wouldnt have to disturb mumma dog later. :champagne:

Im pretty sure shes still eating, they would have run me in a panic otherwise as she is a huge glutton! i just bought some cat food, sardines and other special nom nom stuff for fussy bitches to have in the cupboard! lol

I love FaceBook and Msn when I am whelping, keeps me busy and stop watching the bitch! lol!

Not long to go Lyndsy, do you think she will go early or bang on time?

Love the Whippet photo! My! My! there are a few in that tum!

cant wait, cant wait cant wait!!!! :(

She hasn't eaten brekkie or lunch today but will see with dinner. She was happy to eat some Tiny Teddies but then she's NEVER turned one of them down. :bolt: Honey ones, not chocolate of course. :eek:

No drop in temp so it doesn't look like she will go early. She may well go later than Saturday as she had several matings and the first was a slip so my bet is Monday (when I have an exam of course, Mum has next week off work though).