Shikoku Breeders In Oz

siks3

I think anyone considering importing a rare breed would go about discussing it in a different manner, if the OP runs off from here and never returns doG help him/her if they decide to go ahead importing a 'new' breed into the country...I have no doubt it would try the best of us.

It's a public forum, people have their own personilties, some sugar coat everything they type while others shoot straight from the hip.

Well said Aziah, I couldn't agree more. Anyone who joins a pure breed forum dedicated to responsible breeding and states that they've bred a breed of dog that they can't even spell correctly and then implies that the reason they want to bring in a rare breed is to make money out of the puppies should expect to be questioned about their motives.

I think anyone considering importing a rare breed would go about discussing it in a different manner, if the OP runs off from here and never returns doG help him/her if they decide to go ahead importing a 'new' breed into the country...I have no doubt it would try the best of us.

It's a public forum, people have their own personilties, some sugar coat everything they type while others shoot straight from the hip.

Well said Aziah, I couldn't agree more. Anyone who joins a pure breed forum dedicated to responsible breeding and states that they've bred a breed of dog that they can't even spell correctly and then implies that the reason they want to bring in a rare breed is to make money out of the puppies should expect to be questioned about their motives.

Deshonko already has that market cornered :laugh:

As for the spelling mistake try the safari browser I just click on all the red lines after I type and it does the correction automatic sorry if it doesn't recognise the word shepherd pffft.

Any way I have travelled to America and a friend I have has both breeds and I fell in love with his dogs the OC he uses as a guard dog and he breeds shikoku dogs as well so I have looked into this in depth with him and as for health problems he has been relativity lucky.

Also I'm not in it for the money I love Japanese dog breeds and would simply like to breed them with my friend and introduce this dog to OZ.

NOT FOR THE MONEY.

I think the questions and concerns being raised here are valid. A few of the things you have said have led people to believe that you are interested in making money. Whether that is your intention or not it is how it has come across. Obviously when saying that you are a breeder it does help to spell the name of the breed correctly. We can only go by what you have written and we have no way of knowing if it is a result of the automatic spelling corrector or human error.

If you are genuinely interested in bringing a rare breed into the country for breeding purposes then you could expect a lot tougher questions and opinions being expressed here. As for your statement saying that your friend in the USA has been relatively lucky in regards to health, are you informed on the possible health problems of the breed, the signs and symptoms and how best to try and minimalise the chances of the dog being affected by said disease?.

Perhaps if you are unhappy with the opinions you are getting here you could try and contact the ANKC directly, or contact a few breeders via phone and email, ask them if they could give you some pointers on how to establish yourself as a reputable ANKC approved breeder.

I think the questions and concerns being raised here are valid. A few of the things you have said have led people to believe that you are interested in making money. Whether that is your intention or not it is how it has come across. Obviously when saying that you are a breeder it does help to spell the name of the breed correctly. We can only go by what you have written and we have no way of knowing if it is a result of the automatic spelling corrector or human error.

If you are genuinely interested in bringing a rare breed into the country for breeding purposes then you could expect a lot tougher questions and opinions being expressed here. As for your statement saying that your friend in the USA has been relatively lucky in regards to health, are you informed on the possible health problems of the breed, the signs and symptoms and how best to try and minimalise the chances of the dog being affected by said disease?.

Perhaps if you are unhappy with the opinions you are getting here you could try and contact the ANKC directly, or contact a few breeders via phone and email, ask them if they could give you some pointers on how to establish yourself as a reputable ANKC approved breeder.

I forgot that there is a lot of friction between breeders and as soon as you mention $$$ per pup the horns come out so my bad.

I learnt from breeding years ago that no matter how nice a breeder is to you while at a show pretend to be a customer and ask them about your dogs and you will see what I mean.

Any way if i only cared about the money i would have 4 OC bitches and cull them off after the litteres due to them being unmanageable due to the extended wait in customs so no I'm not in it for the money i just love both breeds and would like to be able to share it with other dog lovers.

I'm going to look at importing in the next 12 months. I've just been layed off of work and need a new hobby to keep me busy.

I forgot that there is a lot of friction between breeders and as soon as you mention $$$ per pup the horns come out so my bad.

I learnt from breeding years ago that no matter how nice a breeder is to you while at a show pretend to be a customer and ask them about your dogs and you will see what I mean.

Any way if i only cared about the money i would have 4 OC bitches and cull them off after the litteres due to them being unmanageable due to the extended wait in customs so no I'm not in it for the money i just love both breeds and would like to be able to share it with other dog lovers.

I'm going to look at importing in the next 12 months. I've just been layed off of work and need a new hobby to keep me busy.

So you aren't working and want to spend thousands upon thousands to import a dog? As a new "hobby". You do know it costs a LOT right?

But obviously you aren't in it for the money, cause if you wanted to make money you would get 4 OC females, breed them, and then kill them. (because they're so vicious and unmanagable after being cooped up for 30 days) this is after you breed them and sell all the puppies.

Right.

I was recently at a dog event and there was a lady that had a rare breed. To protect her identity I wont say where we were or what breed but I thought it pretty odd that every time someone asked what it was she said "........ and its the only one in Australia". Absolutely EVERY time. Second odd thing was that I assume it was on heat because it was wearing doggie undies but she still took it to a weekend event with around 100 dogs there of all sorts of breeds.

Must have just really annoyed her bitch coming on heat and not being able to go away and show off her dog so they went anyway. I thought it very rude and inconsiderate of other dog owner just so she could have bragging rights about "the only one in Australia"

Edited by daisygirl

As for the spelling mistake try the safari browser I just click on all the red lines after I type and it does the correction automatic sorry if it doesn't recognise the word shepherd pffft.

Any way I have travelled to America and a friend I have has both breeds and I fell in love with his dogs the OC he uses as a guard dog and he breeds shikoku dogs as well so I have looked into this in depth with him and as for health problems he has been relativity lucky.

Also I'm not in it for the money I love Japanese dog breeds and would simply like to breed them with my friend and introduce this dog to OZ.

NOT FOR THE MONEY.

First thing you should be doing is contacting the ANKC and finding out how you would go about getting the breed ANKC reconised!!