A Good And Proper Budget Dry Food/kibble?

:rofl: As supermarket foods go, I would still (despite what others here say) place it at the high end of budget kibbles. I have no problems whatsoever in using it. In fact, my dogs have had it for the past couple of weeks (not JUST kibble of course, but as a base to their other goodies) because my local supplier was out of GB/UA when I went in to get it last time.

I still maintain that it cannot be TOO bad when my young dog looks like this (photo taken on Saturday).

grazing18sept10.jpg

I'm pretty similar to you Ellz.

After using a variety of kibbles, I now prefer Great Barko. Uncle Albers is good too, especially in winter as it has a higher fat content. GB and UA is the only thing that keeps weight on my Lab boy, he is all muscle now. He pukes pedigree when I tried him with that. I don't mind Coprice in adult or puppy, and thats my backup food if I cant get GB, it doesn't have as many of the fillers as some of the dearer ones. I have noticed that the poo pile is dramatically smaller since using GB, and you feed them a very small amount, less than the recommended amount. Between the raw stuff and the kibble a bag of GB will easily last me 4-5 weeks for 4 Labs. The protein and fat content of GB / UA is pretty similar to most puppy kibbles. Its about $33 for 22kg bag, but only 1 place around here sells it. Definately the best value for money of the cheaper ones.

I have also used the Coles brand food, and thought it was fine. I've never tried the woolies one. I didn't realise it was Coprice! :love:

I have heard that racing greyhound owners use Woofbix. I've never tried it, but doubt I would either.

I've used Supercoat, but it caused a bit of itching in mine, plus its got too many fillers.

If I were to feed a "premium" food, I would choose a holistic kibble. More "real" stuff in it. :rofl:

ETA: your boy looks great ellz :laugh::love:

Edited by Got nuthin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a picture of health is the lovely Roger :D

As an aside, where do you get your UA/GB from, ellz?

:lol: He's not going to fade away in a hurry that's for sure! ;)

Derwent Valley Produce is the only place in New Norfolk. It's only $4 or so more expensive than Animal Tuckerbox which I figure is the difference in the travelling cost to get to Moonah! :cry:

Thanks for that :) We've purchased it from Derwent Valley Produce also, I was curious if there was somewhere else I hadn't found yet :cry: The Roberts rural store at Bridgewater have it as well, also about $4 - $5 cheaper than Derwent Valley Produce, so we purchased some from there when we were picking up other stuff from them ;)