Youngster Mauled In Dog Attack

Kirty

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/796138...d-in-dog-attack

Youngster mauled in dog attack

A bulldog has mauled a five-year-old girl southwest of Brisbane.

The attack occurred just after 4pm (AEST) on Monday at a home in Peachface Street, Springfield.

An ambulance spokeswoman told AAP the child, from Roma, was bitten on the upper arm, face and suffered a torn lip.

Paramedics took her to the Mater Childrens Hospital in a stable condition.

Ipswich City Council says the bull-mastiff cross was not registered.

The council has seized the dog and interviewed the owner and witnesses.

The girl's family want the dog animal put down.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you go, onya Ipswich city council, a wonderful opportunity to drum up some business.

Make it known that the dog was not registered, and hope that peoples logic goes a little something like this

1. Dog attacked

2. Dog was not registered

Therefore

3. If I do not want my dog to attack, I better run to the council and hand over a wad of cash :champagne:

Shock horror, what a surprise. NOT!!!

yet another bull something or rather being responsible for another attack.

It's the deed not the breed Blah Blah Blah, so sick of hearing it.

Sorry but the d!ckheads that own these sorts breeds have much to answer for.

Who cares what sort of bull it was, some breeds are just dangerous, start and end of story.

If you chose to breed a dangerous breed, you may be responsible for selling them to irresponsible d!ckheads.

Edited by poodiful1

Who cares what sort of bull it was, some breeds are just dangerous, start and end of story.

If you chose to breed a dangerous breed, you may be responsible for selling them to irresponsible d!ckheads.

all breeds are potentially dangerous in the wrong hands.

FFS here we go again.

I almost lost my face to a poodle I was grooming, would you classify Poodles as a dangerous breed??

Edited by Crisovar

Some are just more dangerous than others. Do you think the press deliberately excludes attacks out of the news by what is regarded as non dangerous breed? I don't think so.

I have yet to see in the news Toy Poodle kills young child.

Why do suppose that is?

I'm sick of people defending dangerous breeds.

about the right size and shape but too wrinkled to be pure bred.

eh? :cry:

It looked very much like a Bullmastiff but it's really not the point. How was it raised, what situation led up to the biting etc. are far more important in preventing these things happening again.

From the TV news last night, the girl was at a family members house, it's possible the dog hadn't been around children of her age. The injury wasn't too bad considering and she didn't seem traumatised by dogs which is good (she was taken to meet a therapy GR).

Some are just more dangerous than others. Do you think the press deliberately excludes attacks out of the news by what is regarded as non dangerous breed? I don't think so.

Why do suppose that is?

Because Poodles are considered sissy dogs for sissy people and so not owned by the type who like to breed/raise thug dogs.

Secondly, because the most often owned Poodles would be miniatures or toys so if a child gets bitten, the wound is small and not enough to require hospital attention. Certainly not enough to create a "newsworthy" picture of a face full of stitches.

Edited by molasseslass

FFS here we go again.

I almost lost my face to a poodle I was grooming, would you classify Poodles as a dangerous breed??

ALMOST is the critical word here, now isn't it.

Why do suppose that is?

Actually, I do.

For one thing, i think if they can't accurately identify a dog as a purebred (and it has been proven many times that most people have no idea, its only us dog obsessed that would actually be able to identify a APBT or bullmastiff etc), they should say crossbred dog or mixed breed.

A labrador or GR attack rarely makes the news yet they do have quite a high incidence of biting people (I'm not lab/GR bashing, it is probably due to their popularity)

Obviously a pit bull, GSD, labrador, pointer etc are potentially more dangerous than a toy poodle, pug or chihuahua due to their size.

"bull breeds" appear to attack people more often because the media chooses to publicize any attack where the dog looks vaguely like "bull breed"and then call it a Pit Bull. most of these dogs are actually crossbreds (bred by bybers who don't care who they sell to) and owned by not the most respnsible people.

Why do suppose that is?

Because Poodles are considered sissy dogs for sissy people and so not owned by the type who like to breed/raise thug dogs.

Secondly, because the most often owned Poodles would be miniatures or toys so if a child gets bitten, the wound is small and not enough to require hospital attention. Certainly not enough to create a "newsworthy" picture of a face full of stitches.

That's right, I agree.

FFS here we go again.

Why?? If I was a child I would have lost my face, the dog was deadly serious, it was dangerous.

Any breed can inflict terrible injuries you would certainly have your head in a dark warm place not to understand that.

Why do suppose that is?

Actually, I do.

For one thing, i think if they can't accurately identify a dog as a purebred (and it has been proven many times that most people have no idea, its only us dog obsessed that would actually be able to identify a APBT or bullmastiff etc), they should say crossbred dog or mixed breed.

A labrador or GR attack rarely makes the news yet they do have quite a high incidence of biting people (I'm not lab/GR bashing, it is probably due to their popularity)

Obviously a pit bull, GSD, labrador, pointer etc are potentially more dangerous than a toy poodle, pug or chihuahua due to their size.

"bull breeds" appear to attack people more often because the media chooses to publicize any attack where the dog looks vaguely like "bull breed"and then call it a Pit Bull. most of these dogs are actually crossbreds (bred by bybers who don't care who they sell to) and owned by not the most respnsible people.

Where do you suppose the BYBs got their foundation stock from? If the dog resembles a bull whatever, it makes no difference to me or the rest of the general public.

FFS here we go again.

Why?? If I was a child I would have lost my face, the dog was deadly serious, it was dangerous.

Any breed can inflict terrible injuries you would certainly have your head in a dark warm place not to understand that.

What child grooms poodles for a living? Some dogs are easier to groom than others, some dogs hate it and find the groomer to be threatening, they cannot flee, so they fight.

If you think that a toy poodle can inflict the same injury as a bull something or other it is you that's got your head in a dark warm place not me???

Edited by poodiful1