Dog Food

Pet Supplies Aus

Biopet

Product Analysis Organic

BiOpet Organic Dog Food (Adult 8kg & 1.25kg Bag)

Protein 18%

Fat 8%

Fibre (Max) 5%

Salt 0.7%

Ingredients:

Wholegrain cereals and cereal by-products, vegetable proteins, animal proteins, Omega 3 vegetable oil, sea salt. Natural preservatives (Vitamin E)

BiOpet Organic Dog Food (Puppy 8kg & 1.25kg Bag)

Protein 22%

Fat 10%

Fibre (Max) 5%

Salt 0.7%

Ingredients:

Wholegrain cereals and cereal by-products, vegetable proteins, animal proteins, Omega 3 vegetable oil, sea salt, natural preservatives (Vitamin E)

BiOpet Organic Dog Bones (500Gram & 4.5 KG Boxes)

Protein 10%

Fat 3%

Fibre 3%

Salt 1%

Ingredients:

Wholegrain cereals and cereal by-products, vegetable protein, Omega 3 vegetable oil, natural limestone, sea salt, natural preservative (Vitamin E)

BIOPET VEGAN DOG FOOD (7.5KG & 1.25KG BAG)

Protein 20%

Fat 10%

Fibre 4%

Salt 0.75%

Ingredients:

Wholegrains, malt, cereal meal, rice, field peas, soybean meal, sunflower meal, green beans, maize gluten, wheaten millmix, vegetable oils, limestone, dicalphos, molasses, alfalfa, carrots, potatoes, seaweed meal, garlic, iodised salt, vitamins, trace minerals, natural antioxidant, yukka extract.

I wouldnt feed any of these to my dogs EVER. Bleh JUNK

I agree with Nekhbet, I wouldn't fee any of that to my dogs.

I don't understand how people can read that list of ingedients and then think that it sounds like a good combination of ingredients to feed a dog? Maybe feed it to a rabbit and then give the rabbit to the dog to eat?

I wouldnt feed any of these to my dogs EVER. Bleh JUNK

Which parts are supposed to be 'junk' ?

I'd say all the cereals, grains and vege protein are junk. And unspecified "animal protein" could be anything from hooves and hair to prime steak but I'm guessing it isn't steak.

I would love it if an Australian company made something like this American high-end dehydrated human-grade food:

http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/

But I'd be happy if you could make it without sourcing organic products and kept the price reasonable.

Have a look at Ziwipeak dehydrated from NZ. It's available in australia.

btw: I'm getting very very wary of imported anything for pets. :eek:example here

I would love it if an Australian company made something like this American high-end dehydrated human-grade food:

But I'd be happy if you could make it without sourcing organic products and kept the price reasonable.

btw: I'm getting very very wary of imported anything for pets. :birthday:example here

Might be best to read the whole article...

Independent plants

obtain animal by-product materials, including grease, blood, feathers, offal, and entire animal

carcasses, from the following sources: butcher shops, supermarkets, restaurants, fast-food chains,

poultry processors, slaughterhouses, farms, ranches, feedlots, and animal shelters.

The two types of animal rendering processes are edible and inedible rendering. Edible

rendering plants process fatty animal tissue into edible fats and proteins. The plants are normally

operated in conjunction with meat packing plants under U. S. Department of Agriculture, Food Safety

and Inspection Services (USDA/FSIS) inspection and processing standards. Inedible rendering plants

are operated by independent renderers or are part of integrated rendering operations. These plants

produce inedible tallow and grease, which are used in livestock and poultry feed, soap, and production

of fatty-acids.

btw: I'm getting very very wary of imported anything for pets. :birthday:example here

Might be best to read the whole article...

Independent plants

obtain animal by-product materials, including grease, blood, feathers, offal, and entire animal

carcasses, from the following sources: butcher shops, supermarkets, restaurants, fast-food chains,

poultry processors, slaughterhouses, farms, ranches, feedlots, and animal shelters.

The two types of animal rendering processes are edible and inedible rendering. Edible

rendering plants process fatty animal tissue into edible fats and proteins. The plants are normally

operated in conjunction with meat packing plants under U. S. Department of Agriculture, Food Safety

and Inspection Services (USDA/FSIS) inspection and processing standards. Inedible rendering plants

are operated by independent renderers or are part of integrated rendering operations. These plants

produce inedible tallow and grease, which are used in livestock and poultry feed, soap, and production

of fatty-acids.

I did, hence the imported pet products comment.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend kangaroo meat for an affordable organic meat for your dog. It's $4 p/kilo around these parts.

Am however having trouble tracking down affordable organ meats to supplement their diet. Which is a shame - I don't want to put the trash cattle are raised on into my body, or my pets'.