Nutro Dog Dood

pinky11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been feeding Nutro since 2000, initially the US product and now the Australian made and have never had any issues. We have weaned seven litters onto Nutro puppy food. We currently have x6 adults and x2 3.5 month old puppies.

During the transition period of the US product being no longer available and it being made here we tried various other dried foods such as Artemis, Orijen, Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance all of which disagreed with our dogs in some way.

We continue to feed Nutro on a 1/3rd-2/3rds ratio with a home-made diet, but when needs be they will be on Nutro only e.g. if we are away it's easier for our house-sitter to just feed dry.

Totally agree Hesapandabear. Our guys get lots of extra's added to their dinner when we are around, but often away shows, or if we are away, they will be fed dry only with no problems. The think that appeals most to us is that it is now Australian made. I find that the dogs do very well on it, even with nothing added.

Just started feeding it after a Weim breeder friend said I MUST try it ;) Before this we fed Artemis which was good. We decided to switch to Nutro after looking for something Australian made and more readily available. Very happy with it so far, the dogs love it.

I alternate between this and pro-plan salmon for my boy for breakfast. He seems to like it, he has also tried royal canin dachshund and didn't eat it and ziwi peak but it is too hard for me to have to order online. The nutro I would say is his favourite, he eats the puppy chicken and rice, and looks the picture of health so I would say it's working for him!

I have fed him the wet food on occasion too if I have forgotten to de-frost his nightly BARF meal, he likes those too!

I have just switched Molly to the Adult Lamb and rice. I am sick of the supply issues with Eagle Pack and wanted a good food that I can always get a bag of. I tried her on it a couple of months ago while I still had a supply of Eagle pack just in case and I was very happy with. She loves it, although she is a lab, her coat was good and no upset tummy so I have decided to go with it. My only worry it will also be hard to get if it gets really popular. It is lower protein than Eagle Pack but she get sardines, chicken carcass, eggs, RMB as well so I dont think it is too much of a worry.ETA It is on special on line at Pookinuk at the moment saving $20 on the large bag.

Edited by mokhahouse

Guest belgian.blue

We are currently feeding large breed puppy, lamb/rice and the feline salmon.

I'm very happy with it so far. My Belgian has a sensitive tummy but Nutro seems to be OK for her. Both dogs and feline have very shiny coats, compared to my mums pointer who is fed EP.

Guest belgian.blue
I have just switched Molly to the Adult Lamb and rice. I am sick of the supply issues with Eagle Pack and wanted a good food that I can always get a bag of. I tried her on it a couple of months ago while I still had a supply of Eagle pack just in case and I was very happy with. She loves it, although she is a lab, her coat was good and no upset tummy so I have decided to go with it. My only worry it will also be hard to get if it gets really popular. It is lower protein than Eagle Pack but she get sardines, chicken carcass, eggs, RMB as well so I dont think it is too much of a worry.ETA It is on special on line at Pookinuk at the moment saving $20 on the large bag.

Don't think it will as it is Aussie made and they've been around for quite sometime.

They have just stopped making the 8kg bags, not sure why?

If I recall correctly, the price difference between the small bags (3kgs?) the middle bags (8kgs) and the large bags (15kgs) wasnt proportionate. I only ever bought the 8kg bag when there were no 15kg bags left.

I stock up when I find it on sale - currently the $20 off promo is great. Petbarn also often has it on sale.

Guest belgian.blue
If I recall correctly, the price difference between the small bags (3kgs?) the middle bags (8kgs) and the large bags (15kgs) wasnt proportionate. I only ever bought the 8kg bag when there were no 15kg bags left.

I stock up when I find it on sale - currently the $20 off promo is great. Petbarn also often has it on sale.

Hopefully next time I need some it's on sale ;) Currently have two 15kg bags that are recently opened.

I like the nutro natural choice - chicken and oatmeal. And my dog likes it too.

I always get the 15kg bag, will have to check around for the discount.

I changed to nutro when advance was making tummy upsets in dog. Only tummy upsets we've had since have been when she's eaten something naughty out there on the oval or the beach.

I've been thinking about swapping to artemis - more natural ingredients, rates better on dog food project etc but not sure after reading this thread. I do prefer to buy Australian made.

Very happy with Nutro.

Don't think it will as it is Aussie made and they've been around for quite sometime.

I've struggled to find bags (even a mere 3kg!) of Large Breed Puppy in a couple of pet shops at times. Have given up just popping in and now phone ahead when I want food to check their stock because otherwise I find I'm making pointless trips as it's sold out.

Watch that dog food analysis site. Some of our products have different ingredients so isn't accurate for us. I noticed it with an Advance product. Anything made here might be different.

I've been feeding Nutro on and off. Haven't noticed anything bad about it. Haven't been happy with EP and Amber doesn't like Pro Plan so will be giving it a better run at the moment.

I am not keen on the smell of it and was a bit anxious about it as the company has had a bit of trouble with recalls overseas. Nothing seems to be going wrong with the Aussie product though.