Nutro Dog Dood

pinky11

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been happy with the Nutro but I am struggling to get it. Petbarn is the only place around here that stocks it and I went to buy some and they only had one bag and it had a very big rip in it, after having a problem once before with dogs getting sick from opened food I wasnt going to risk it. They said they were getting more in the next day so I waited 2 days, went back and nothing. They really have dodgy customer service. My rural stock feeds cant get it in for me either.

My gsd & RR love nutro and it loves them. Tried all the American foods Artemis etc and the gsd wouldnt put on weight tried nutro put on 5 kilos in no time, feeding the same amount as Artemis. RR has alergies and seems a touch better on the nutro lamb. My other reason for changing was the high numbers of American foods being recalled for making dogs sick. Nutro Australian made 'BONUS".

If anyone is having problems with supply, why don't you contact Nutro?. :laugh:

Oh, and we also feed Nutro to our Birman cat.

http://www.nutro.com.au/

I contacted them and found them to be completely unhelpful. I emailed them to see if there was a stockist in my area. They got back to be about 5 days later to let me know the Petstock store here stocks their product. Well, no they don't. I go there at least twice a month and I've never seen Nutro on display there. So I emailed them back and a few days later I got an email from a team leader to tell me the same thing.

I went to Petstock, they have no Nutro there, and according to a large sign when you walk in the door.....they no longer stock it. Actually, they never really did.

Hi Guys, I was about to make a thread about Nutro this evening when I come across this one. I am over not being able to get eagle pack when I want it. In Geelong on the weekend not luck, then at our local pet stock today the lady there told me she can't get it at the moment, however she did have a bag of holistic chicken that was a couple of weeks out of date either that or holistic duck. She said there is no gaurentee when she will be able to get any more.

She then mentioned the Nutro which I really hadn't heard of and also never seen it stocked there before (not that I was looking for it) Anyhow I have read the phamplet and looked at the website and it does look good and a big bonus that it is made in OZ now!! Looks as though from what you guys have said that you have been very happy with it.

Question for those who feed it, what is the amounts to feed like would someone be able to have a look at the directions on the bag if they have one, for how much I would need to feed between 10 - 15 kilo. I would just like to compare, also the price of 15 kilos compared to the EP is there a lot of difference?

For anyone feeding Pro plan at the moment they are giving away a free collar or lead from driza bone (leather) with every 15 kilo bag at pet stock.

edited to add I just found the feeding guilde on the web site.

Edited by tlc

Guest belgian.blue

tlc .. my Belgian Shepherd, who is slightly over 20kg gets a cup [115g] of Nutro once a day. The bag suggests 330g for her active levels but she also gets raw in the mornings.

So you do feed a lot less than the guide suggests. Or I would have a porky Ivy :laugh:

Most places have a deal on Nutro at the moment. 15kg for $89.95 ($20 off)

Hi Guys, I was about to make a thread about Nutro this evening when I come across this one. I am over not being able to get eagle pack when I want it. In Geelong on the weekend not luck, then at our local pet stock today the lady there told me she can't get it at the moment, however she did have a bag of holistic chicken that was a couple of weeks out of date either that or holistic duck. She said there is no gaurentee when she will be able to get any more.

She then mentioned the Nutro which I really hadn't heard of and also never seen it stocked there before (not that I was looking for it) Anyhow I have read the phamplet and looked at the website and it does look good and a big bonus that it is made in OZ now!! Looks as though from what you guys have said that you have been very happy with it.

Question for those who feed it, what is the amounts to feed like would someone be able to have a look at the directions on the bag if they have one, for how much I would need to feed between 10 - 15 kilo. I would just like to compare, also the price of 15 kilos compared to the EP is there a lot of difference?

For anyone feeding Pro plan at the moment they are giving away a free collar or lead from driza bone (leather) with every 15 kilo bag at pet stock.

edited to add I just found the feeding guilde on the web site.

Funny you should say that becasue I have just been looking at the feeding guide of the two and it seems you have to feed a lot more of the nutro than the eagle pack. If the ingredients are similar you would think the guide would be similar. It all too bloody confusing!! If you have to feed a lot more then it makes it really a lot more expensive than EP Even if it is only a few $ difference in each type.

So just to compare the two with the feeding guide

15 Kilos of Nutro you should feed 225g and 450g, 225g for moderate activity and 450g for active dogs

and EP for 18 kilos you should feed 184g

So going by the guide you nearly need to feed twice as much nutro to be the same amount as EP??

I see what your saying BB but I already also feed RMB, wings, necks and a few other extras most days (not all at once of course :laugh:)and the younger ones get a cup (115g) and Cooper gets 2 cups of EP a day, but going by this formula for Nutro if I went by thier guide I'd have to feed them twice that much therefor making it twice as expensive which seems rather ridiculous. Am I missing something?? Just looking at it the wrong way??

Funny you should say that becasue I have just been looking at the feeding guide of the two and it seems you have to feed a lot more of the nutro than the eagle pack. If the ingredients are similar you would think the guide would be similar. It all too bloody confusing!! If you have to feed a lot more then it makes it really a lot more expensive than EP Even if it is only a few $ difference in each type.

So just to compare the two with the feeding guide

15 Kilos of Nutro you should feed 225g and 450g, 225g for moderate activity and 450g for active dogs

and EP for 18 kilos you should feed 184g

So going by the guide you nearly need to feed twice as much nutro to be the same amount as EP??

I see what your saying BB but I already also feed RMB, wings, necks and a few other extras most days (not all at once of course :laugh:)and the younger ones get a cup (115g) and Cooper gets 2 cups of EP a day, but going by this formula for Nutro if I went by thier guide I'd have to feed them twice that much therefor making it twice as expensive which seems rather ridiculous. Am I missing something?? Just looking at it the wrong way??

We started feeding about 3 weeks ago. Our GSD gets 3 cups, our adult BCs get 1.5-2 cups and my 5 month old BC gets 2.5 cups + raw as he is having a growth spurt.

All are maintaining weight fine and previously they were fed the same amount of Artemis.

Personally, I have never turned a packet of dog food over to read how much I should be feeding, it will vary from brand to brand. I know my dogs and judge by how they are holding weight.

That said, I am not feeding more Nutro than I am any other food (and working in the pet industry, I have tried them ALL!)

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself properly, the thing I'm getting at is the nutritional value. If I stick to the same amount of food that I am feeding now with EP but change to Nutro if the guide says they need a lot more nutro per kilo then does that mean I am compromising on nutritional value. Hope I am explaining myself properly??

If I need to feed more nutro per kilo I'm assuming you need extra per kilo because the dog needs more to make up the same nutritional value as the EP?

Arghhhh think I'm just confusing myself, I know it is only a guide and I don't always stick to it. It does depend on what else if anything they have had for the day and also excersise they have done.

I hope someone understands what im getting at?

Guest belgian.blue

I have never gone by a guide .. I've started feeding both my dogs at a guess for a week on the same amount, watched their weight and made suitable changes.

I'm finding I feed less Nutro compared to other brands I've used, haven't ever tried EP and never will.

The guides they have on the bag is for a dog that gets fed 100% dry though? Not a dog that is also fed raw. So whatever the guide says, you'd be only needing to feed half as you're kids are also getting raw.

When I used Artemis, I fed the guide amount and my poor dog ended up skin and bones. I then doubled the dose and he got the runs so bad, it wasnt funny. Now he gets about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of Nutro, and a handful of roo/lamb/beef mince. He is gaining weight nicely (slowly) and should be a nice weight soon. He is a VERY active dog. Doesn't stand still.

Well I might just give it a try, it is going to be trial and error anyway as I have two over weight one who struggles to keep weight on and one perfect!

Rysup was it your boy that had a skin allergy? If I've got this right did you find the nutro made a difference? One of my girls has a slight allergy to grass it's worse in summer and I have found she is much better on the EP.

My 10month old mini dachshund has been on alternating Nutro and Advance. He is healthy. a good weight and has a great coat. I like the simpleness of the ingredients of Nutro, i think it's a good product, and I'm sure the 'beet pulp' in it helps his poos stay more consistent (bit gross but they are very inconsistent when he's on Advance). I love the Nutro, I love that I can buy it in a store that doesn't sell pets and I love that it is Australian made. Happy customer :wave:

Oh, and we use the Nutro wet can food as well to mix into the kongs.